Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Feeding Issues with Infinity mags and guns

sophiasmith

Has anyone ever experienced misfeeds with perfect ammo on only the last two to four rounds left in the bottom of an Infinity mag with an Infinity gun??  Brand-new mags and springs and followers...... about 1,000 rounds through each at the most.  There are 12 mags all together.  Please do not respond that it has anything to do with the ammo..........  Just had the extractor tuned and it appears to be working properly.  I think it's the mags.  It does it with both Gram followers and springs and Infinity followers and springs and it is very hit and miss.  The only constant is that it is always at the bottom of the mag.  I have shot two large matches recently and I feel like I'm shooting carry optics and having to count and use only 21 or 23....24 of the bullets in the mag for it to function reliably. 

3 hours ago, Hi-Power Jack said:

I'd guess it's the spring in the mag ....   :) 

This is my guess as well.  When you take the base pad off how many coils of the spring are sticking out?

Call Infinity and talk to Brent.  He very knowledgeable and would be glad to help you out.