Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Good day, everyone!

I'm looking for an instructional video on detailed disassembly for CZ Shadow 2. I've searched Youtube already, and kept finding one for CZ 75 SP01 Shadow. Are the steps on disassembly really similar for these two?

If not, I would really appreciate if anyone can send me a link for one. It doesn't have to be a video as long as the instructions are clear and detailed. I just preferred video since i'm more of a visual person. :D

I appreciate any help and thank you in advance!

@Ludde, thank you for the info. That's what i thought from most of what i'm seeing in youtube but not entirely sure! thanks for the confirmation. I have a follow up question though, does the disassembly of CZ 75 are completely similar in all lines/models, up to the smallest pin/parts or there are minor differences that i should know specially with Shadow 2?

Thanks again!

• 3 months later...

@rowdybI just downloaded this really interesting app, its actually a game, but in it you step by step completely disassemble and then reassemble a CZ75 in 64 easy steps (lol).  It’s 3D so you can zoom in/out, spin, flip, rotate and change the viewing angle.  If you try to reassemble a part before its time, it doesn’t allow you to do it, but it does have a “hint” function which highlights the next part in sequence so you don’t lose your mind.  The only thing it doesn’t do, is finess the parts back in for you in real time, that’s all on you, but it is an awesome visual aid and I like the 3D feature, so many times fine details are lost in real time videos due to lighting, camera angles etc.

https://itunes.apple.com/ca/app/gun-disassembly-2/id436292998?mt=8

I haven’t tried applying it in real time yet, the pistol hasn’t had the rounds to warrant that yet and the field strip is an absolute no-brainer with the CZ, but when it’s time to do a detailed disassembly I am going to be relying on that app because the closest gunsmith is 120 miles away.  :o

• 8 months later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

The 75 video is very close . Also don’t be scared with the sear cage there is no tiny spring to loose only spring is the one spring you see when you look into the sear cage .  Just remember if you replace the hammer and get a adjustable sear to get the sear spacer and it goes on the right side I used a punch to simulate a pin to hold it together and pushed the sear cage pin through lining up the sear spring and housing .

• 4 years later...