Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2018 Single Stack Classic

4 hours ago, Jammer1911 said:

Whats the old holster placement rules?

Prior to becoming the nationals, the Single Stack Classic stages were based on equipment you might carry on a day to day basis.  The stages were designed that one would not need more than a loaded gun and two magazines to complete.  Basically no more than 24 rounds.  I don't remember the holster rules exactly, but it had to be much closer to the body than current rules and the front strap had to be above the top belt line, as it is now.

If I'm wrong here someone will be along shortly to set me straight.

True enough I suppose, but the Single Stack Classic was around a number of years before it became the Nationals. It was a great match put on by great people and enjoyed by quite a few folks each year. As Signcutter has noted, it's had its ups and downs, but it's one I'll look forward to shooting again (fingers crossed) regardless of the holster rules.

The SSC started in '95, USPSA didn't start piggybacking the SSC until '06. The old holster rule I believe was a carry type holster that couldn't be in front of the midline(basically the seam of your pants) and the same for the mag pouches. USPSA went with the point of the hip bone, which moved everything forward and offset type holster allowed.

I don't think there will be any changes to equipment, it will go on as it has since Single Stack Div. was created.

There isn't many matches that have been around for more than 20 + years, this says a lot about the SSC.

On a sad note '18 will break the string of USPSA National events held at PASA since '87( I believe '87 is the starting year, I maybe wrong).

Rich

Edited by RIIID

• 3 weeks later...

Glad to see the Single Stack Classic will continue despite it's separation from SS NATS.  I know several of the volunteer support staff that put on this match. They are really nice people that want to offer a fun match for shooters who share their love of the 1911.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

This was on Single Stack Society's face book page Monday: The 2019 Single Stack Classic Match has been cancelled. Rising costs have made it prohibitive to continue to produce the Match. We thank all past competitors, staff and sponsors for their participation and support. This facebook page and the 1911 SSC website will be closed on November 30th.

Sorry to see it go.  In it's prime, it was a great match.  Met a lot of good people there.