Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!
MBaneACP

RIMFIRE CHALLENGE Changes

Hi all...just a note to say that effective 1 January 2018, Ken Jorgensen, formerly of Ruger, and I will be launching the Rimfire Challenge Shooting Association and taking over administration of the RIMFIRE CHALLENGE from NSSF. NSSF has done a great job of "incubating" the sport for the last few years. Ken and I are looking forward to taking the sport to the next level.

As some of you remember, Ken and I, along with the late Nelson Dymond, created the RIMFIRE CHALLENGE sitting around a hotel room after the Steel Challenge almost a decade ago. The sport has quite literally exceeded our best-case expectations. Ken, Nelson and I wanted to create a sport that was both open and appealing to new shooters,, to young shooters and to families, but still be challenging to even the top tier of competitors...I think we succeeded!

i realize there is a lot to do...the new Rimfire Challenge Shooting Association website will be up and running by 1January, and we will announce the location of the 2018 World Champioships at SHOT. We will be compiling a list of clubs shooting RC through the website, so we can get a regular newsletter out to everyone.

Our goal for the first year is stability, in rules and in competitions. One of our early projects will be to compile a club handbook for running RIMFIRE CHALLENGE matches. Since I come out of USPSA/NROI, consistency of rules -- especially safety rules -- range commands, scoring, etc. is critical.

Last year, working with Mark Passamaneck, I headed up the AMERICAN MARKSMAN project for OUTDOOR CHANNEL (and yes, Mark did all the heavy lifting!). We learned a lot and managed to bring in between 4,000 and 5,000 NEW COMPETITORS! Think about that...5,000 new competitors. At the 2017 NSSF RIMFIRE CHALLENGE WORLDS last week I met many competitors who fired their first competitive shots ever in the AMERICAN MARKSMAN project. All of us working on the RIMFIRE CHALLENGE, including our top Match Directors and industry execs, are committed to continuing that growth path.

We don't have all the answers..but we do have the support of the people who do have those answers.

And I invite all you guys out to a RIMFIRE CHALLENGE match...I promise, you'll have a great time!

Thanks...

Michael Bane

OUTDOOR CHANNEL

I'll be back and looking forward to the next chapter in Rimfire Challenge

I won't be attending if they think surprising you with sitting and prone stages is a good idea. There are outlaw steel matches I'd rather spend my money and time shooting.

On 11/21/2018 at 1:30 PM, Tom E said:

I won't be attending if they think surprising you with sitting and prone stages is a good idea. There are outlaw steel matches I'd rather spend my money and time shooting.

+1

6 hours ago, Scootertheshooter said:

There will be prone and sitting shooting ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's what they surprised shooters with at 2018 Worlds...  Maybe that's why they never posted the stage descriptions....

That's what they surprised shooters with at 2018 Worlds...  Maybe that's why they never posted the stage descriptions....

That makes me feel better about missing it this year . I’m not a fan

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That takes the match out of play for me. At 72 years old I can fall down just fine but can't get back up without a lot of help.

Nurses keep asking me if I've fallen in the last 30 days. My answer .... "No, but Lord knows I've tried".  (^_^)

BA-DUMP-BUMP! 

Maybe MBaneACP will post the 2018 Worlds stage descriptions so everyone can see what "great" changes were made...