Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Bill Drill Times

If I remember correctly I shot a 1.75 in the bill drill portion of the "roscoe rattle" classifier (9 yds all A's) from belt. But I wussed out on splits and was probably shooting .15 splits and took a bit longer on sight picture than needed. In practice I can get .11-.13 splits for sub 1.5's easily. I think the fastest I have done in practice so far was 1.35 at 7 yards - .75 "draw" from belt avg .12 splits (.11-.13 splits). 

***Just checked the video - Roscoe Rattle "Bill drill portion" @ 9 yds with No shoots on the C zone boarders on either side was 1.70 all A's. The second portion - 6 shots on target, reload, 6 shots on another target @ 9 yards was 4.60 - semi botched reload and wussed out on splits again.*** 

Edited by MHitchcock

We were going from the low ready, a real low ready not half way pointed at the target.  Didn't really know how we were suppose to run a bill drill with pcc haha we did do it from 7 yards as well.

my friend ran his best time with my gun 1.40 and all A's,  I hit a 1.3 something but I threw one out of the A zone by a smidge, we hit the low 1.40's a bunch.   Fastest first shot being a .52. Fastest split we saw was a .12.  Mostly 14-15's.

but it was a hell of a lot of fun.  Just curious how everyone else is doing in it. We said we were gonna make goals so now our new goal

is to hit 1.30.  

Edited by jtrump

Yeah, I would focus on stock on belt starts. They are slower than low ready and they are also how 100% of the classifiers where you would do something like a bill drill start. Every stage at area 3 was stock on belt or table start for PCC. 

***On a side note, .14-.15 splits are just fine. The difference between .11 and .15 over a course of fire is lost in one bad transition. I would work on transition drills as much as possible with PCC, the flat trigger speed is not where you are going to cut time***

Also, its been a few months since I ran a bill drill. I am curious to see if my time went down any :)

Edited by MHitchcock
  • 4 months later...

I will try this on my next trip to the range, probably tomorrow.   Since I posted this long ago I had not run a bill drill until yesterday, 1.38  and I almost pooped myself because I had 2 .10 splits ;P...