Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

AA#7 - How dirty is it?

racer-x

The Arredondo powder bar should come to big to fit in the powder measure. Its designed to be hand fit by the end user.

If your still spilling with the Arredondo bar you took off to much material and you will have to build it up with tape and try

again. It prob took 20 minutes to get mine all together but it doesn't leak at all and throws 11gr right on the money with boring

consistency.

13 hours ago, JsK said:

The Arredondo powder bar should come to big to fit in the powder measure. Its designed to be hand fit by the end user.

If your still spilling with the Arredondo bar you took off to much material and you will have to build it up with tape and try

again. It prob took 20 minutes to get mine all together but it doesn't leak at all and throws 11gr right on the money with boring

consistency.

I dont know how its supposed to be fit...its made of plastic which makes any filing a bit trying and difficult.  I just stuck it in there unfitted and then jammed the thicker dillion spacer in above it. seems to work fine

• 3 years later...

Since this powder has been on the shelves and plentiful in stock.

I tried this and found 10grs for 9mm major with 124jhp Precision Delta V2. Makes 175pf in my back up gun with a KKM 16" twist barrel with 2 ( 3/16" ) popple holes and 173pf in my main gun with a SV 24" twist barrel without no popple holes. The one with popple holes is very very flat with a 7lb stabdard recoil spring.

Found it to be very dirty with the 2 popple holes. And alot cleaner in the one without popple holes. Found a ton of corn flakes in the one with 2 popple holes. I think the solution is to maybe use a island barrel instead of having normal barrel with popple holes. I'll hopefully have my 3rd open gun to report if its dirty with the island barrel. when its done getting built by 1911 Speed Shop in Riverside sometime next year. 

Edited by RippSpeed