Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

RDR's Rise From Mediocrity

RedDirtRifleman

Alright, I've shot about 10 matches since starting in Fall of 2015. I'm a college student so my schedule has always been very on again off again for allowing time to shoot and compete. I've got a middle-high D classification (32.7%). I shot the OK Sectional over the weekend and had a blast, and decided now I'm going to really get serious. I've had Ben Stoeger's Dry-Fire Training for about a year, now I'm going to really start using it. Gonna take the next month and work through the new shooter training schedule in it to go over fundamentals, and get a few practice sessions in and then shoot a club match next month and see what needs work before I move on.

For reference, my scores and video from the sectional are below. Any tips, criticisms, or advice would be much appreciated.

I've already been advised that my draw ranges from way slow to okay, I run too slow, and I don't choose my positions well leading to wasting time shuffling or throwing shots when leaning. This all fits with what I was feeling during the match. I also definitely need to work on my support hand grip to keep my sight picture more consistent. 

https://practiscore.com/results/new/45406?q_individual=9731e9d5-393f-4254-ba32-a14b4ee1744d