Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

electriconics

barebones1

Bushnell 202540KC Elite 1 Mile Conx Laser Rangefinder with Kestrel Sportsman ?   Going to shoot  PRS next season.  I got my primary and back up rifles setup for next season. I worked as a RO for a match this year and shot the 2 gun series this year @ C.O.R.E  ( my home range )  Both rifles are shooting sub MOA. I am going to take the intro to PRS and intro to long range classes, before my first match. So I have a good beginners foundation and been coming up to speed with gear for spring. My questions are electronics related. the bushnell/kestrel combo is what I am looking @ Any input would be great!  thanks in advance

I own the Bushnell.   Imo don't need them paired.  I think you should carry a range finder as I find at most matches the distances arent always correct so its good to verify.   If i was going to buy a new range finder I would probably do a Leica.  The Bushnell is a bit big but works great.

Most of the larger retailers are running this combo "package"  in the $1100 range. Bushnell 202540KC Elite 1 Mile Conx Laser Rangefinder with Kestrel Sportsman .         Seems to be a good beginners starting point.  All the reviews for the Leica were good.  As were the Gunwerx all in one. But @ $1700 , I was hoping this combo would get me thru my first year or two. And starting a " better future rifle fund" would be the way to go.

On 10/25/2017 at 9:17 PM, barebones1 said:

Most of the larger retailers are running this combo "package"  in the $1100 range. Bushnell 202540KC Elite 1 Mile Conx Laser Rangefinder with Kestrel Sportsman .         Seems to be a good beginners starting point.  All the reviews for the Leica were good.  As were the Gunwerx all in one. But @ $1700 , I was hoping this combo would get me thru my first year or two. And starting a " better future rifle fund" would be the way to go.

The Bushnell is on sale a lot of places. Brownells had it for 279 plus an additional 20 off.  299 and under is way to find.   Can get that same package for well under $1k now.  

1 hour ago, Tacticalpanda said:

The Bushnell is on sale a lot of places. Brownells had it for 279 plus an additional 20 off.  299 and under is way to find.   Can get that same package for well under $1k now.  

thx just got back from RO duty at a club match got to play with a few. going to get the that combo.  thx