Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Thinnest CZ Shadow 2 grips?

Chris777

Hi... Just picked up a new Shadow 2 this weekend.  Great gun, but the width of the grips is just a bit too big for my hands.  All the aftermarket grips (LOK, VZ) options are as thick or slightly thicker than the stock Shadow 2 aluminum grips.  Does anyone know if a narrow grip (smaller than stock) option is available?  Ideally looking for a similar feel to the Phantom and SPO1 have regarding the total width of the pistol grip/handle.

Thanks in advance...

16 minutes ago, MissionaryMike said:

There isn't anything smaller than the stock grips.  If you need something smaller, then shoot the SP01 Shadow.

OK.. thanks.  too late on the SPO1... Shadow 2 came home with me :).  May end up trying the LOK thin grips to see if there is a difference in feel.

2 hours ago, muncie21 said:

OP- have you tried the thin aluminum grips from CZ customs?  Those seem to be about as thin as you're going to get.

I have not.  I saw them on the CZ customer website and they do look to be thinner than the stock Shadow 2's.  They are pricey though.. Think I will give the stock grips a try for a while and see if I can adjust.  If not, those grips will go on my Santa list.

The grip section on the shadow 2 is identical in width to a standard sp01

Length between the parallel sections of the back strap and front strap is longer and of course the beaver tail cut and trigger guard undercut are the main points of difference.

Both the cz custom and factory aluminum grips have the nearly the same thickness (within like + or - .005 of each other.) The checkered cz custom grips are more contoured at the rear and feel a little thinner when used on an sp01 frame, on a shadow 2 frame the felt difference is lessened 

Edited by Ajohnson15