Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!
Medicaptain

X-five holsters

Do the RHT competition holsters allow you to get a good firing grip with the stong hand while the gun is still seated? Some of the pictures make it look as if there is kydex high enough under the trigger guard to keep the fingers away and some between the gun and your side so as not to be able to grip through.

31 minutes ago, twister said:

Just received my 2 layer RHT holster from Springer Precision, really like it, and got it in 3 days!

Did you get it with a hanger? I assume it comes with the Blade-Tech mount pattern for a TEK-LOC?

I ordered mine with the hanger, like it a lot. I recently received a RHT double layer holster for my M&P 2.0 with the regular belt mount, and it works really well also.

19 hours ago, BobRockefeller said:

Do the RHT competition holsters allow you to get a good firing grip with the stong hand while the gun is still seated? Some of the pictures make it look as if there is kydex high enough under the trigger guard to keep the fingers away and some between the gun and your side so as not to be able to grip through.

I just got new holster in from RHT and thought to take a picture of it before I mounted it to my hanger.  You should be able to see how much room you have for your grip.  Its pretty generous.

rsz_img_20190404_130855.jpg

1 minute ago, ajblack said:

I just got new holster in from RHT and thought to take a picture of it before I mounted it to my hanger.  You should be able to see how much room you have for your grip.  Its pretty generous.

rsz_img_20190404_130855.jpg

Thanks! That looks just like what I need.

I have an RHT for a full size P320, P226, P320x5, and 1911. Not a single draw issue. My extended mag releases had issues with the Comp-Tac, but none with the RHT. Love them.

I have a CompTac International paired to a CR Speed X-Bax hanger for my X5 and they've been great.

Hello: I have a Safariland I bought from Shooters Connection. Can't beat the price and it fits perfectly. It is Safariland 5196-450-411. Tell them Eric sent you, wait maybe don't say that. Thanks, Eric

I do like those holsters Eric, I had a G17 version mounted on a USPSA kit, worked well. Might track down a 320 version 

On 4/4/2019 at 9:54 PM, streckjc said:

I have an RHT for a full size P320, P226, P320x5, and 1911. Not a single draw issue. My extended mag releases had issues with the Comp-Tac, but none with the RHT. Love them.

Have you tried some sandpaper or a Dremel? :)

I have the Comp-Tac, it's fine. I prefer injected molded plastics over Kydex because there's potential for Kydex to lose it's shape if left in a vehicle in the summer time.

8 hours ago, be032 said:

Have you tried some sandpaper or a Dremel? :)

I have the Comp-Tac, it's fine. I prefer injected molded plastics over Kydex because there's potential for Kydex to lose it's shape if left in a vehicle in the summer time.

I would have had to cut out a chunk of the holster to fit my extended mag release and get the entire pistol to "lock" into the holster. Just not worth the hassle and potential destruction of the holster. Just a choice we all make.