Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2018 USPSA Nationals

JakeMartens

On 8/19/2018 at 8:14 PM, KellyB said:

I keep hearing about how Nationals has a tradition of it raining. Looking to those who are experience with the FrostProof weather.

How deep does the mud get? Are there places/cover to get out of the rain? Rain gear suggestions, like big ponchos or umbrellas, extra shoes, cover for gear bags?

emoji299.pngemoji939.pngemoji299.pngemoji939.pngemoji299.pngemoji939.pngemoji299.png

I live approximately 90 minutes from Frostproof.  In Florida, when it rains, it rains.  All bays are covered to an extent.  I've seen 2 inches of standing water after a rain storm.  Here's a picture of Frostptoof after a rain storm.  

Image may contain: Hank Coates, smiling, outdoor and nature

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

7 hours ago, stick said:

I live approximately 90 minutes from Frostproof.  In Florida, when it rains, it rains.  All bays are covered to an extent.  I've seen 2 inches of standing water after a rain storm.  Here's a picture of Frostptoof after a rain storm.  

Image may contain: Hank Coates, smiling, outdoor and nature

that looks promising

16603062_1210820302349919_8035721621274528437_n.jpg?_nc_cat=0&oh=6a620fa9574df8660025a86cee8027c3&oe=5C39AB36

Wow! Good to know. Rain boots going on the packing list.

Cool pic! Looks like a fun time.

The current issue of USPSA Magazine is now available online for members with access to view.
This edition has a preview of the 2018 Federal 9 Days of Nationals with stage diagrams for each of the three Nationals.
Also inside this edition; meet the Area 2 candidates, the Area 5 Steel Challenge Championship, the Area 1 Championship, the IPSC PanAm match and a look at the Atlas Nemesis.

Nationals Information:
Each match is planned to have
18 stops with a total of 22 stages per match.
Round counts are 450-460

The official matchbook will be released the first week of October.
Emails will be coming with additional information on shipping ammo to Universal Shooting Academy.

https://uspsa.org/magazine

(the online magazine is available for members who received the printed copy)

Does anyone want to split a room for the Production Nationals?  I have a room with two queen beds at the LaQuinta in Sebring, and my buddy who was planning on attending, had to bail. I only snore a little. 

On 9/14/2018 at 9:48 PM, JakeMartens said:

The current issue of USPSA Magazine is now available online for members with access to view.
This edition has a preview of the 2018 Federal 9 Days of Nationals with stage diagrams for each of the three Nationals.
Also inside this edition; meet the Area 2 candidates, the Area 5 Steel Challenge Championship, the Area 1 Championship, the IPSC PanAm match and a look at the Atlas Nemesis.

Nationals Information:
Round counts are 450-460

Emails will be coming with additional information on shipping ammo to Universal Shooting Academy.

Besides the stage diagrams in the online version of the magazine, is there any other info available, like WSBs? or is that not common to have these published prior to the event start date? 

Sorry if my question is something that would be obvious to more experienced shooters - this will be my first major match.

Thanks in advance!

45 minutes ago, nasty618 said:

Besides the stage diagrams in the online version of the magazine, is there any other info available, like WSBs? or is that not common to have these published prior to the event start date? 

Sorry if my question is something that would be obvious to more experienced shooters - this will be my first major match.

Thanks in advance!

Online Matchbook will be released with more information, however the official WSB will be at the match, what get's printed in the match book gets changed around a lot

30 minutes ago, FlIceman said:

Jake Martens where can I find more info about the AM/PM schedule?

What additional info are you looking for

matchbooks with squad matrix have not been posted yet, that is first week of October 

am starts at 7:45

pm starts at 1:00

On 9/14/2018 at 7:48 PM, JakeMartens said:

Nationals Information:
Round counts are 450-460

My Ammo is boxed and ready to send......what is the official word on shipping Ammo? I just want to make sure I didn’t miss a email or something.

There was an email from Jake on Sept 17th:

Shipping Ammunition to the match,
Ammo Shipping Information for the 2018 USPSA National Championships

Ship it here, using any commercial carrier, such as UPS or FedEx, ground only:

Universal Proshop
USPSA NATIONALS
c/o YOUR NAME
4330 Hwy. 630 East
Frostproof, FL 33843

NOTE: DO NOT SHIP AMMUNITION BY THE UNITED STATES POSTAL SERVICE!
Put your name in big, BOLD letters on at least 3 sides of the box.
Use lots of tape and make the box as sturdy as possible.
USPSA and Universal Shooting Academy are not responsible for lost or damaged shipments of ammunition.

Edited by nasty618

On 9/6/2018 at 2:16 AM, newmexicocrawler said:

I am shooting in Optics nationals then I am spending the next 7 days riding roller coasters and going to the beaches

In case anyone is looking for other fun activities in the area - Lake Wales is a great skydiving destination and has one of the top dropzones in the country.  

So, last week was the 1st week in October... which was when matchbooks were supposed to be released, last I heard.

Did I miss the matchbook announcements?

Thanks!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

3 hours ago, N3WWN said:

So, last week was the 1st week in October... which was when matchbooks were supposed to be released, last I heard.

Did I miss the matchbook announcements?

Thanks!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Yes, before Oct 11th is the newest date. 

Hey guys could someone help me understand how the process works for the "official match ammo"? 

I am using the Federal 150gr Syntech,  which was listed as the " approved match ammunition".  Referencing the rules, "5.8 Official Match Ammunition" section, seems that i must purchase the ammo on site and keep the receipt handy for proof, if needed.  However, the latest email said that there would not be ammo for sale on site.  So i am bringing/shipping ammo that was purchased a while back from another vendor.    

Can i still use my ammo as " Official Match Ammo"?  Do i need to declare it on a form and if so, where can i find it?  Or do i just show up and go to the chrono as one would with their regular ammo?

Thanks in advance!!

From the latest email: 

2018 CZ-USA USPSA Factory Gun Nationals
Match Ammo Suppliers for the USPSA Nine Days of Nationals 

It is the responsibility of the competitor to arrange match ammo, and USPSA makes no claim or representation that ammo will be available for sale at any time. Please read USPSA Rulebook Rule 5.6, and Appendices C2 and C3. Match ammo has to be declared at registration and your sample collected immediately. If you arrive at chronograph without having completed the match ammunition form, you are not eligible and will be held to the standard chronograph parameters in the rulebook.
As always, competitors may obtain their ammo from any source, at any time, but are subject to the chronograph testing procedures in the rule book. 

The following companies are approved to provide match ammunition to the USPSA Nine Days of Nationals:

Federal Premium Syntech Action Pistol 9mm 150 Grain, .40S&W 205 Grain, and .45ACP 220 Grain (will not be sold or delivered at the match)