Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2018 USPSA Nationals

JakeMartens

Just got a slot in Single Stack and I'm very excited about the match, classifiers and all. I'm also thinking of applying to work one of the matches before or after, but haven't got a lot of experience. I just got my RO cert in March, and haven't worked anything but club matches. I'd love to have the experience, but do you folks think there's a chance I'd be accepted, given that I'd certainly be given grunt duty (which I'm fine with)?

Also, how much chance is there of getting a walk on slot for a second match once I'm there? I could shoot the Lim-10 match after SS with the same rig. Would I have to classify in Lim-10 this summer?

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 5/25/2018 at 10:12 PM, AMJ said:

I could shoot the Lim-10 match after SS with the same rig. Would I have to classify in Lim-10 this summer?

Congrats on the slot!

To the best of my knowledge (and I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong), but you don't have to be classified to compete at the Nationals, just a USPSA member in good standing.

According to PractiScore, there were 32 unclassified shooters at the 2017 Iron Sight Nationals (https://practiscore.com/results/new/44147)

• 4 weeks later...
4 hours ago, Yagi said:

Can anyone walk-in to register? 

All three matches sold out

There are over 70 on the Optics wait list 

Over 60 on Factory Gun and about 12 on Limited Nationals.

I doubt that there will be walk on spots 

• 4 weeks later...
3 hours ago, KellyB said:

Anyone know the timeline for match info?
Ex: Shooting stage matrix, match hotels, info on shipping ammo, etc.

Matchbook is scheduled to be released by Oct 1

Polk County board of tourism is sending us a list of hotels, however I would recommend looking in Lake Wales, Winter Haven, or Sebring 

• 4 weeks later...

Question for those of you that have actually shot at Frost proof......what is the ground like, meaning I have a couple different shooting shoes and depending what the range is like decides what pair I wear. I only want to bring one pair so should it be my Salomon shoes or my Under Armor cleats 

5 hours ago, newmexicocrawler said:

Question for those of you that have actually shot at Frost proof......what is the ground like, meaning I have a couple different shooting shoes and depending what the range is like decides what pair I wear. I only want to bring one pair so should it be my Salomon shoes or my Under Armor cleats 

You could wear either.  Florida dirt which is sand based.  If it's wet, you might want the cleats.  I've seen the standing water get pretty bad after a bad rain storm.  Have fun! Shannon puts on awesome matches.

16 hours ago, newmexicocrawler said:

I like Under Armor Leadoff RM Baseball Cleats better! 

I keep hearing about how Nationals has a tradition of it raining. Looking to those who are experience with the FrostProof weather.

How deep does the mud get? Are there places/cover to get out of the rain? Rain gear suggestions, like big ponchos or umbrellas, extra shoes, cover for gear bags?

[emoji299]️[emoji939][emoji299]️[emoji939][emoji299]️[emoji939][emoji299]️

4 hours ago, KellyB said:

I keep hearing about how Nationals has a tradition of it raining. Looking to those who are experience with the FrostProof weather.

How deep does the mud get? Are there places/cover to get out of the rain? Rain gear suggestions, like big ponchos or umbrellas, extra shoes, cover for gear bags?

emoji299.pngemoji939.pngemoji299.pngemoji939.pngemoji299.pngemoji939.pngemoji299.png

Yes, every bay has a covered portion. A proper Florida storm means you will still get wet.  Bring everything you can.