2018 USPSA Nationals

JakeMartens

14 hours ago, mosher said:

Congrats on the slot!

Fly into MCO.

Rent a house in frostproof, or

Hampton Inn in Lake Wales, or

Lots of options further south in Sebring, or

Stay close to Disney and drive down each day.

I've done about all of them.  If bringing family, stay at Disney, let them go play, the drive is about an hour to the range. 

No carry at Disney.  100% bag check and metal detector as of my last trip in January.

I was looking at Airbnb and found some rooms for as low as 30 a night for one I’m willing to stay at in the Winter Heavin area that’s a pretty cheap nights stay. 

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

14 hours ago, mosher said:

Fly into MCO

This is my plan but I just wanted to make sure it was a firearm travel friendly airport with all the families with kids that go through there I just wanted to make sure the airport was cool with that.

3 hours ago, N3WWN said:

I've flown a LOT, but never flown with checked firearms before. That part is going to cause a terrible amount of high anxiety for me going to my first Nationals.

Same here....first time with a firearm....A rifle at that, it is in a Pelican case so people really don’t know what it is but still you know how some people are nowadays. I use it at all of my out of town matches no matter where they are, like I am headed to Houston this weekend to shoot in the Space City Challange. Texas is a gun friendly state but I still use it to get rifle from car to room and back that way there’s no chance I will scare any sheeple with me carrying a obvious rifle. 

6 hours ago, N3WWN said:

I've flown a LOT, but never flown with checked firearms before. That is going to cause high anxiety for me going to my first Nationals.

You're coming from, and going to, gun friendly states.

My only Nationals about ten years ago, I flew out of New York

with an OPEN gun.

No problem.   NY State Trooper examined my bag and gun, and asked

why I had newspaper in my gun case.  I told him it was to keep gun oils

off the case, and he nodded approvingly.

Don't sweat Pa or FL - piece of cake.

p.s.  I did go to the airport the day before and discussed the regulations

so I didn't forget anything or delay my flight.  

Thanks for the input, folks!

I did hear that traffic can be a pain around TPA, but my concerns have been focused around the airport to airport segment and figured the traffic/roads can't be much worse than Pittsburgh! [emoji6]

Already got my hotel in Lake Wales, too.

It's a bit more than a B&B, but didn't know how well it would be received to take firearms into someone else's house.

Like I said, first nationals and first match with a flight.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

The plan is 18 stops 

6 per day with a minimum of 18 stages.

Each match will have some stages that stay the same, some that change and some that are completely new.

We met with the crew at USA this weekend to go over more details.

It is Feb, son in the next 8 months there will be more information coming.

It will not be 18-20 32 rounds stages 

It will be a balance of short, medium and long.

There will be new classifiers developed from the match and the idea is to have some that have some movement 

Edited by JakeMartens

7 hours ago, newmexicocrawler said:

I got my slot info but how do I register? I can not find where to go to enter my slot code and resister? Anyone got the link..

I send that pertinent info along with the slot to the recipient.

8 hours ago, newmexicocrawler said:

I got my slot info but how do I register? I can not find where to go to enter my slot code and resister? Anyone got the link..

Practiscore. You cant register without the code so you shouldn’t have much problem finding were to enter it when you find the match. 

13 hours ago, Sliv2 said:

Out of curiosity, who here has had success with open registration in the last couple of years? 

In years past open registration or even doing a walk on was not an issue.

But the matches were set up with 1 or 2 divisions, were either back to back; Limited followed by Open/L10 or Production followed by Carry Optics, or Single Stack followed by Revolver

getting in was usually not a problem.

Based on the response and right now where we are in the current slot rate of use 

42% return for Open/PCC/CO

37% return for Pro/SS

34% return for Lim/L10/Rev

I am estimating that come June 1 there will be 100 or so slots available for each match

On 2/28/2018 at 9:38 AM, rowdyb said:

I'm not making any reservations until june 1 to see if i get into match 1, as then i'll be in all three. Which will mean also shipping more ammo than usual.

Just curious, what are you shooting in optics match? I know production seems to be your passion.

My SP01 Shadow with a Burris ff3. Same gun I shot in the other two Optics nats, well the only other two, that I've shot.

This time with a milled in sight rather than a doverail mounted RMR like previous. I can use exact same holster and pouches I use for Prod so perfect. Which I'll also be using in the Lim10 match. hahaha.

• 1 month later...