Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2018 USPSA Nationals

JakeMartens

5 hours ago, Prov1x said:

Any updates to this Jake? 

Need to find out, him and I will be meeting this weekend.

I think everything package wise is in place, at least what we worked on.

I think it is just a President approval and sign up process now.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On ‎10‎/‎19‎/‎2017 at 3:20 PM, motosapiens said:

seems like there are quite a few airbnb spots in the area within a few miles of the range.  Probably won't help the SS/revolver shooters that still use rotary phones tho.

20 miles or so away theres 3-4 pretty decent hotels that arnt too expensive

• 4 weeks later...
On 10/19/2017 at 8:02 PM, JakeMartens said:

3 days, back to back to back

the match is 18 stops so at a minimum in the 3 day AM/PM format

Each match will have:

6 stages that stay the same (new classifier stages)

6 stages that will be similiar but reworked 

6 completely different stages

Since all 8 Divisions are going to be on the ground at one place we can get new classifiers since by then it will be years 5 since we had new

USA range has the bays and the equipment to allow us to build 26 stages

so each match will be different in that after the first 3 day event we will have the ability to shoot 6 new stages and 6 that have been adjusted for the second event.

while the second event is going on, the 6 stages from the first match will be reworked considerably over that 3 days, and then the other 6 will again be adjusted for the 3rd event.

Doing the 18 stops with 2 flights allows for 432 slots per event for a total of 1296 available slots for the entire 9 days.

People ask why wouldn't we just put all 8 division on the ground at the sametime.

24 stages at 12 per squad over 4 days in the AM/PM format is 576 slots. Production and Limited just had 550 at that match.  This break down allows for the most slots. It also separates out the Optics putting them first allows for a different match for dots vs irons.

Also putting the Optics and Irons separate allows for the 2 most popular divisions to be back to back since they have the largest number of cross over shooters.

Putting Single Stack before Limited has those crossover shooter reloading into their skinny gun first before moving to Limited if they shoot both.

Keeping Limited and Limited 10 together doesn't allow for someone to run L10 and then Limited with the same gun to "practice" the match.

And also

Polk County has 6000 hotel rooms, and 6000 rentals

The Polk County Board of Tourism is working the us and USA range to host offset awards

We picked a calendar period that provided the best rates on hotels before the "snow bird" tourism season started and away from hurricane season

Most school systems that follow the year round calendar have a fall break during this time period for families wanting to shoot and visit a place near by that has a few million visitors a year.

It seems and I hope I’m wrong, that the optic guys that shoot first will get to do what we always do which is show up the day before and walk the stages that they will be shooting, but what about the other 2 relays? If the optic guys are going to shoot for 3 days and the next relay starts on day 4 you would be changing those stages on day 3 after everyone has finished shooting and the next relay wouldn’t get to see or walk the stages until the morning that they shoot. Any clarification on this?

• 4 weeks later...
On 1/12/2018 at 4:53 AM, Superpipe9 said:

It seems and I hope I’m wrong, that the optic guys that shoot first will get to do what we always do which is show up the day before and walk the stages that they will be shooting, but what about the other 2 relays? If the optic guys are going to shoot for 3 days and the next relay starts on day 4 you would be changing those stages on day 3 after everyone has finished shooting and the next relay wouldn’t get to see or walk the stages until the morning that they shoot. Any clarification on this?

The matches will run back to back with no down day between them

There will be AM/PM/AM and PM/AM/PM squads for each of the the 3 days

2 hours ago, JakeMartens said:

So there will be no walking stages for anyone except the optic group correct?

On 2/7/2018 at 10:33 PM, JakeMartens said:

Interesting... So are stages going to be changed between matches?

No walk throughs for anything other than Optic? 

4 hours ago, Ssanders224 said:

Interesting... So are stages going to be changed between matches?

No walk throughs for anything other than Optic? 

I would like clarification as well. Seems odd so hopefully they have extra bays and the stages for the next group will already be set up. I have my doubts though. This is classifier nationals so that might over take competitive equity. 

25 minutes ago, Superpipe9 said:

I would like clarification as well. Seems odd so hopefully they have extra bays and the stages for the next group will already be set up. I have my doubts though. This is classifier nationals so that might over take competitive equity. 

Classifier nationals? 

3 hours ago, BJinPass said:

Interesting. I am the Section Coordinator for Mississippi and have had shooters register for all three matches successfully. 

We haven't found a way in yet.  Practice score says "closed".  I must be ovef looking something.  And thanks for taking the SC position!

23 minutes ago, Ssanders224 said:

Classifier nationals? 

6 of the stages will be classifiers so they will stay for all 3 groups. That leaves 12 stages for a national match. I understand wanting new classifiers but I don’t think this is the way to do it. 

Edited by Superpipe9

11 minutes ago, StuckinMS said:

We haven't found a way in yet.  Practice score says "closed".  I must be ovef looking something.  And thanks for taking the SC position!

Yes, the match says closed but you need to enter the code you received to access the registration page. Are you seeing the box that says to enter the registration code? Is is below the box that says Registration is closed. If you don't have a code, you can't register yet. 

1 minute ago, BJinPass said:

Yes, the match says closed but you need to enter the code you received to access the registration page. Are you seeing the box that says to enter the registration code? Is is below the box that says Registration is closed. If you don't have a code, you can't register yet. 

Thanks we have a code for my son. Thanks Bill 

4 minutes ago, StuckinMS said:

Wow!  That is crazy!  I guess those professional sandbaggers will finally get caught tho.  It's still not that much bang for the buck.  How many total stages?

18. If you read the beginning of this thread most the info is here. The rest was put on Facebook by uspsa. 

10 minutes ago, StuckinMS said:

Wow!  That is crazy!  I guess those professional sandbaggers will finally get caught tho.

No, those 6 stages are unborn classifiers. They will count for the match (obviously) and after the nationals, they will be released as classifiers with the HHF set at the match. (I am not sure of the math involved in that though)

1 minute ago, ChuckS said:

No, those 6 stages are unborn classifiers. They will count for the match (obviously) and after the nationals, they will be released as classifiers with the HHF set at the match. (I am not sure of the math involved in that though)

Regardless we will be shooting 6 classifiers at a nationals. Hopefully they will have some serious movement involved instead of the standard stand and shoot ones

4 minutes ago, ChuckS said:

Okay, so new classifiers are hatching.  Thanks for clearing that up.

12 minutes ago, Superpipe9 said:

18. If you read the beginning of this thread most the info is here. The rest was put on Facebook by uspsa. 

Not a Facebooker, thanks though. The classifier thing was what was sounding crazy, but I can see it as a good venue to hatch new ones, but 33% of the match is still a wow factor. 

1 minute ago, StuckinMS said:

Okay, so new classifiers are hatching.  Thanks for clearing that up.

I just looked back into 13-08 "More Disaster Factor" which was born as stage 8 at the 2012 L-10/Open nationals. The HHF for that according to AZShooters in Open was Eric's first place HF. It looks like HHF at the nats is the HHF for the new classifiers. What is unique about 2018 is that there will be sextuplets ;)