Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2018 USPSA Nationals

JakeMartens

Sounds like a heavily water down nationals to me. 18 stages and 6 of them are classifiers. That does not sound like fun nor does it sound like a real national event. Also doesn't it give the guys who shot it already once or maybe twice depending on what and how many divisions you shoot a advantage over the guys that have not shot it? 

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, Superpipe9 said:

Sounds like a heavily water down nationals to me. 18 stages and 6 of them are classifiers. That does not sound like fun nor does it sound like a real national event. Also doesn't it give the guys who shot it already once or maybe twice depending on what and how many divisions you shoot a advantage over the guys that have not shot it? 

Only the 6 classifier stages will stay consistent for each event 

USA has enough bays to allow new stages and change over.

The 6 new classifiers will be a skills test and appropriate for Nationals.

7 hours ago, JakeMartens said:

Only the 6 classifier stages will stay consistent for each event 

USA has enough bays to allow new stages and change over.

The 6 new classifiers will be a skills test and appropriate for Nationals.

1/3 of the match are classifiers?  dunno about you, but i don't know very many shooters that get up for these at a level 1 match, let alone an expensive one like this.

2 hours ago, Darqusoull13 said:

18 is a bit low with 6 being what folks generally call a classifier. Hopefully the match staff fill the other 12 stages up heavy to ensure the shooting part of the match has a "nationals" level feel?

18 stops not stages 

Classifier stages can be doubled up in bays

Allowing for more medium and long courses

Universal has the ability with bay sizes to allow for doubling of classifier/short courses. Example is that in the last large bay during World Shoot held 6 classifer/short course in what would be 3 stops.

We are looking at that being 2 stops with 4 new classifier stages in that bay.

We are exactly 1 year out and many things are being worked right now to plan these events.

There is a team of experienced stage designers and match directors are going to be getting assignments, myself and Troy are meeting this weekend to work on staff packages, hotel contracts and arrangements are being made.

We are working on calendar for slot release, slot registration and open registration. Sponsor solicitation has already started and as well planning for awards ceremony with assistance from Polk County Sports Marketing/tourism board.

18 stops not stages 

Universal has the ability with bay sizes to allow for doubling of classifier/short courses. Example is that in the last large bay during World Shoot held 6 classifer/short course in what would be 3 stops.
We are exactly 1 year out and many things are being worked right now to plan these events.
There is a team of experienced stage designers and match directors are going to be getting assignments, myself and Troy are meeting this weekend to work on staff packages, hotel contracts and arrangements are being made.
We are working on calendar for slot release, slot registration and open registration. Sponsor solicitation has already started and as well planning for awards ceremony with assistance from Polk County Sports Marketing/tourism board.

I think this sounds pretty awesome. I’m pumped! I’d love for nationals to be in my back yard, however, I completely understand that a major range is needed for this type of undertaking and I’ve always been impressed by the USA facility. I am looking forward to next October!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

17 hours ago, JakeMartens said:

18 stops not stages 

This is going to be great. I am looking forward to this next year.

I think this layout is going to be similar to my classifier shooting style, Hero or zero. Either this is going to be the best nationals I've attended or the worst depending on how everything gets handled and planned for. Hopefully USPSA and Co pull this off well. 

17 hours ago, LilBunniFuFu said:

I think this layout is going to be similar to my classifier shooting style, Hero or zero. Either this is going to be the best nationals I've attended or the worst depending on how everything gets handled and planned for. Hopefully USPSA and Co pull this off well. 

Amazing or dumpster fire...

We aim to please 

On 10/19/2017 at 8:02 PM, JakeMartens said:

Polk County has 6000 hotel rooms, and 6000 rentals

The Polk County Board of Tourism is working the us and USA range to host offset awards

We picked a calendar period that provided the best rates on hotels before the "snow bird" tourism season started and away from hurricane season

Most school systems that follow the year round calendar have a fall break during this time period for families wanting to shoot and visit a place near by that has a few million visitors a year.

My usual suggestion is to stay in Winter Haven. It isn't much further than Lake Wales (about 10 minutes further IME), but it has more options for food and drink. For the kids there is Legoland in town, and Orlando isn't too faraway.

30 minutes ago, boudreux said:

How do you go about getting a spot at Nationals? I'm guessing there are quite a few reserved. Are the rest of the spots open to anybody or how does that work?

Slots are awarded to returning champions 

And area div, class, and category winners.

Slots are awarded to sections based on activities paid.

The slots are released to the sections coordinators who distribute slots to section members based on the section bylaws.

Some sections have slots matches, some award them based on section/State performance.

Once all those slots are issued and returned there will be open slots available 

7 minutes ago, JakeMartens said:

Slots are awarded to returning champions 

And area div, class, and category winners.

Slots are awarded to sections based on activities paid.

The slots are released to the sections coordinators who distribute slots to section members based on the section bylaws.

Some sections have slots matches, some award them based on section/State performance.

Once all those slots are issued and returned there will be open slots available 

Thanks 

• 1 month later...
On 11/5/2017 at 6:58 PM, JakeMartens said:

Troy will be putting a RO package together shortly with details on working the match.

Once posted it will be sent out and announced.

Any updates to this Jake?