Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2018 USPSA Nationals

JakeMartens

Your ammo is fine is will be tested under the chrono process

Official Match Ammunition follows C3, which has always been in place but was recently updated to include commercial source ammo, specifically the 3 Federal Syntech Action Pistol.

For Nationals there are the following sources for Match Ammo

-Federal Syntech Action Pistol 150gr 9mm, 40s&w 205gr and 45acp 220gr (just these specific calibers and bullet weights)

-Precision Delta

-Atlanta Arms

-T1 Ammunition

Federal Syntech can be brought to the range (or shipped by you)

Precision Delta, Atlanta Arms and T1 have to be shipped by the manufacturer to the range

(the difference is that Federal does not sell directly to the public and can only be purchased from retailers)

At Registration if you are using the Syntech or ammo you had shipped from Precision, AA or T1 you must fill out a declaration form

At that point you will follow the process outlined in C3 of the Rulebook

-turn in 8 sample rounds

-go through chrono just like everyone else

-if your 8 rounds do not make it, then we pull and test the 8 sample rounds

(by the way this has not changed, it has been in place for many years)

Official Match Ammunition
Competitors using Official Match Ammunition are exempt from the requirements
of Appendix C2, Items 38 and 39 as appropriate for the declared power factor.

Source of ammo - Ammo must be delivered to the competitor only at the match
where it will be used and designated official by the US Regional Director.

Power Factor - Specific ammo products may be certified as meeting Minor or Major power factor for specific divisions by the US
Regional Director

Competitor Declaration -A competitor who wishes to use official match ammo at the
certified power factor must file a declaration with the Match Director stating the official ammo product will be in use for
the entire match. This declaration must be filed before starting the match.

Withdrawal of Declaration - A competitor who has declared he is using only official match ammo may withdraw the declaration by informing the
Range Master prior to use of any non-official ammo.

Ammo Samples - At any match where competitor ammunition will be chronographed, a competitor using official match ammo will be
required to provide eight rounds of this ammo at the time they pick up the ammo (delivery sample) and will also be
subject to the provisions of Appendix C2, “Competition Ammunition Collection”, Item 28.

Ammo Verification - At any match where competitor ammunition will be chronographed, a competitor using official match
ammo will have ammo samples collected during the match and chronographed according to the provisions of Appendix C2
#28. Should the ammo so tested fail to meet the declared power factor, it shall be compared against the average of
three rounds collected from the official delivery sample. If the samples collected during the match measure more than
10 power factor points below the delivery samples, the measured power factor of the ammo collected during the match
shall be used for score and the provisions of Appendix C2, Item 38 or Item 39 shall apply.

Unsportsmanlike Conduct - The use of ammo other than official match ammunition,
while declaring use of official ammunition, shall be considered unsportsmanlike conduct.

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 10/8/2018 at 10:19 PM, Prov1x said:

Yes, before Oct 11th is the newest date. 

Thanks, Prov1x!

By chance have you heard of a new date since this one has also passed us by?

Thanks!

douglasadams1-2x.jpg

Just received the matchbook. Unlike typical matchbooks with preliminary stage descriptions, there do not appear to be any descriptions of start positions, whether weak or strong hand is involved, shots per target, etc. Am I missing something?

21 minutes ago, CoyoteMW said:

Unlike typical matchbooks with preliminary stage descriptions, there do not appear to be any descriptions of start positions, whether weak or strong hand is involved, shots per target, etc. Am I missing something?

I was curious about the same thing... 

2 hours ago, tanks said:

Just got the email with the matchbook link. Is there a way to download the PDF version of it?

https://uspsa.org/matchbooks/Factory/docs/9DAYS_Factory_Nationals_2018_final_B.pdf

The matchbooks for the Nationals are now set up to be downloadable.
It was not an oversight that stage descriptions were left out, it was intentional. Over the next week updates will be released.

Yes, there will be strong hand and weak hand, reloads and multiple strings. There will be hard targets and easy targets. It is a USPSA Nationals, wouldn't you expect that?.

How many matches have you been to where the Written Stage Briefing is different than the published matchbook or the stage diagram is completely different than what fits on three-dimensional ground?

The stages are being built NOW from the diagrams and descriptions created months ago. The Written Stage Briefings will be finalized as the stages are built in the bays over the next few days, and the Range Masters will give them final approval and ensure they are 100% correct and legal. There will be updates as the stages and WSB's are completed.

Things change. Since the match book was released just yesterday, there have already been two stages moved to other bays and a string dropped from one of the stages. Not too long ago, one received a printed match booklet when they arrived at the match. The goal of the Nationals event staff is to provide you with a quality USPSA National Championship that tests the skills you have already developed. To that end, there will be no "stupid human tricks" other matches are famous for. If you have competed in USPSA much at all, there will be nothing here you haven't seen before.

Show up ready for a USPSA match that will test shooting skills and movement, and the hit factor will determine your score on every stage.

The download copies can be found here:
https://uspsa.org/announcement/599

It’s great to know there will be updates coming as the stages are developed. Stages on computer don’t always work out in reality.

Looking at the schedule matrix, I was wondering where Chrono fits in. A certain time? As the squad ends with stage 6?

47 minutes ago, KellyB said:

It’s great to know there will be updates coming as the stages are developed. Stages on computer don’t always work out in reality.

Looking at the schedule matrix, I was wondering where Chrono fits in. A certain time? As the squad ends with stage 6?

It will be linked with bay 4 in Area 1 

Or bay 5, I am driving and don't have my map handy 

It is in there though..

2 hours ago, JakeMartens said:

To that end, there will be no "stupid human tricks" other matches are famous for. If you have competed in USPSA much at all, there will be nothing here you haven't seen before.

Show up ready for a USPSA match that will test shooting skills and movement, and the hit factor will determine your score on every stage.

Be still my heart.

9 minutes ago, CrashDodson said:

Be still my heart.

I read that and was reassured. As long as that statement holds true and there's no hardcore parkour going on I really don't even need WSB's. 

Let's just hope it's really true and there's no pool noodles to navigate, heavy objects to perfectly place or ropes to pull ?

5 minutes ago, Darqusoull13 said:

I read that and was reassured. As long as that statement holds true and there's no hardcore parkour going on I really don't even need WSB's. 

Let's just hope it's really true and there's no pool noodles to navigate, heavy objects to perfectly place or ropes to pull ?

ROFL.  Last years stages were pretty mellow.  Be prepared to shoot from the ground at least once or twice.  Be prepared for strong and weak hand at least once or twice.  There is usually very few moving targets or stages that are difficult to reset.  They dont want a stage dragging down the match, they dont want reshoots.  

6 minutes ago, Darqusoull13 said:

I half agree, I would love to see some more Parkour and rope pulling, but the noodles and heavy objects are dumb.

I prefer shooting competitions and not shooting that is incredibly impractical or requires skills no one can train for.  Wobbly bridges and teeter totters come to mind.  Rope pulled props tend to not be the same for every shooter from stages I have seen.  

Competitive equity should be the biggest concern at a match like nationals.  

Just now, JakeMartens said:

What you do after the match is up to you

more/any up, down, under, and over movement

hard target presentations, easy target presentations

big stages with less targets and low hit factors

small stages with lots of targets  with high hit factors

more technical short courses.

To me a perfect match has everyone at the end thinking they for sure lost because whatever they are weakest at was tested

5 minutes ago, MikeBurgess said:

more/any up, down, under, and over movement

hard target presentations, easy target presentations

big stages with less targets and low hit factors

small stages with lots of targets  with high hit factors

more technical short courses.

To me a perfect match has everyone at the end thinking they for sure lost because whatever they are weakest at was tested

I thought rope pulling was an euphemism 

Hi gents

Could someone help me navigate the Factory Gun match schedule?

I am on a PM/AM/PM squad, starting Tuesday at 1PM. 
Registration listed as opening at 1PM on Monday and available  at 6:30AM on Tuesday. 
Competitor Briefing is listed at 7:30AM on Tuesday

Two questions:

- My Tampa flight lands Monday 5pm, so not going to be in Frostproof until later in the day... what time will the Monday registration close?

- I've only done one other Major multi day match (and it was a Steel Challenge) - they had a separate briefing for AM and PM squads each day...  Is Nationals Competitor briefing for ALL shooters, AM and PM starting squads?

Thank you in advance!

This ought to keep the internet up late. I looks like only the optics nationals has clear stage preview time.

From the matchbooks

Optics:

FRIDAY, Oct 19th
12:00pm - Registration & the Range Opens

MONDAY, Oct 22nd
7:45am – Squads 101- 118 final day
1:00pm – Squad 119 – 136 final day <last squad time 1645-1730>

Factory Gun

MONDAY, Oct 22nd
12:00pm - Registration Opens

TUESDAY, Oct 23rd
6:30am – Registration available
7:30am – Shooters Meeting
7:45am – Squads 201 – 218 compete
1:00pm – Squads 219 – 236 compete 

THURSDAY, Oct 25th
7:45am – Squads 201 – 218 final day
1:00pm – Squads 219 – 236 final day  <last squad time 1645-1730>

Limited

THURSDAY, Oct 25th
12:00pm - Registration Opens

FRIDAY, Oct 26th
6:30am – Registration available
7:30am – Shooters Meeting
7:45am – Squads 301 – 318 compete
1:00pm – Squads 319 – 336 compete

Also: with sunset ~ 18:50, there is not a bunch of time for changeovers..

Edited by ChuckS

Should be able to walk stages.  Im shooting limited, not sure what changes will be made between factory and limited, I haven't looked at the factory match book.  The cant keep you from walking around the range on any day.  If there is no squad on the bay you should be able to get on the stage.  

Edited by CrashDodson

On 10/16/2018 at 9:54 AM, nasty618 said:

Hi gents

Could someone help me navigate the Factory Gun match schedule?

I am on a PM/AM/PM squad, starting Tuesday at 1PM. 
Registration listed as opening at 1PM on Monday and available  at 6:30AM on Tuesday. 
Competitor Briefing is listed at 7:30AM on Tuesday

Two questions:

- My Tampa flight lands Monday 5pm, so not going to be in Frostproof until later in the day... what time will the Monday registration close?

- I've only done one other Major multi day match (and it was a Steel Challenge) - they had a separate briefing for AM and PM squads each day...  Is Nationals Competitor briefing for ALL shooters, AM and PM starting squads?

Thank you in advance!

The brief will likely be done on the first stage you shoot by the ROs.  You will need to be at your first stage by 7:30 on AM days.