Jump to content
Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!
Sign in to follow this  
fastlane604

Tanfoglio sear spring to increase SA weight on CZ 75

Recommended Posts

After doing a search, I have read suggestions that a Tanfoglio sear spring may increase the SA pull on a CZ 75. However, I didn't find whether anyone did it and what kind of results they got if they did.  I need to increase my SA weight. Has anyone tried a Tanfoglio sear spring and if so, what change did it make in your SA pull. Thanks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Replace the main spring if you have a lighter than factory one first. Factory is 16lb. Usually a 2lb increase bumps the SA by half a pound. Much quicker to test than swapping the sear spring.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Aceyduce said:

Replace the main spring if you have a lighter than factory one first. Factory is 16lb. Usually a 2lb increase bumps the SA by half a pound. Much quicker to test than swapping the sear spring.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
 

My experience with hammer springs and SA is that they don't make a lot of difference. I am at 15 pounds right now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, yigal said:

i checked on mine and it was + around 50 grams.

with and without engaging  hammer.

but there is stronger trigger spring for this action.

http://www.ipscstore.eu/en/cz/1956-eemann-tech-extreme-trigger-spring-10-power-for-cz-75-2000000019567.html

Sorry, I am metrically challenged. I just did the gram to ounce conversion and 50 grams equals 1.76 ounces. I was hoping for more. The link is for a trigger return spring. The Tanfoglio looks like it may be stronger in the picture. Did you try changing to a Tanfoglio trigger return spring?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, fastlane604 said:

Sorry, I am metrically challenged. I just did the gram to ounce conversion and 50 grams equals 1.76 ounces. I was hoping for more. The link is for a trigger return spring. The Tanfoglio looks like it may be stronger in the picture. Did you try changing to a Tanfoglio trigger return spring?

tan. standard  trigger spring feels more heavy than cz trs.

Edited by yigal

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The hammer spring certainly helps with light strikesdcf20b6a5ba589f3c0a014a91bfb2c72.jpg

Sent from my SM-G550T1 using Tapatalk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, habba8 said:

The hammer spring certainly helps with light strikesdcf20b6a5ba589f3c0a014a91bfb2c72.jpg

Sent from my SM-G550T1 using Tapatalk
 

The picture above must be from a Tanfoglio, correct? The hammer strut is much shorter than on a CZ 75, and consequently the hammer spring, too. I can go to a heavier CZ hammer spring. However, in the past it has made very little difference.  I have an extended firing pin and have to be careful of not going so heavy that I pierce a primer.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I tried a lighter hammer spring (14lb) and had light strikes, even with an extended firing pin. While experimenting, the trigger pull remained between 2.25 and 2.5lbs2ee7d28f7119f3d2157e590d5bcd56a0.jpg8481561c040ea253d1cbc5d7caed4a41.jpg

Sent from my SM-G550T1 using Tapatalk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

with 14 lb hammer spring  there should be no lite strikes even with standard fp especially on so beautiful  sa  gun .

nice l.c.;)

i don't use on cz 75  set of extended fp and spring and with 13 lb hammer spring   it don't have any lite strikes with da  on  hard primers. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Even one light strike is too many when you're at the firing line so to make it easier on troubleshooting I just put the 16 pound spring back in and with CCI primers it's good to go.
Also with a trigger pull of two and a quarter pounds with just some normal polishing I've been pretty lucky with this gun

Sent from my SM-G550T1 using Tapatalk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, habba8 said:

Even one light strike is too many when you're at the firing line so to make it easier on troubleshooting I just put the 16 pound spring back in and with CCI primers it's good to go.
Also with a trigger pull of two and a quarter pounds with just some normal polishing I've been pretty lucky with this gun

Sent from my SM-G550T1 using Tapatalk
 

the gun is excellent  .with 16 lb the pull is sharper .and you have less problems.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, CZ85Combat said:

What is your trigger pull now?  What do you want it to be?

I have a flat faced trigger. If I am pulling at the bottom of the trigger, it measures 2.75 lbs. I always try to be in the middle and at that point it is 3 lbs. I know many like it at that or less. However, I prefer 3.5 lbs.  When shooting fast double taps I can be heavy fingered and get the second shot off before I should.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, yigal said:

with 14 lb hammer spring  there should be no lite strikes even with standard fp especially on so beautiful  sa  gun .

nice l.c.;)

i don't use on cz 75  set of extended fp and spring and with 13 lb hammer spring   it don't have any lite strikes with da  on  hard primers. 

 

Incorrect.

 

I'm assuming we're talking about the tanfo pictured above? 14# and You still get light strikes in SA?

 

1. If you have the FPB still in, pull it out and look for drag marks.

2. How deep are your primers?

3. What FP spring are you running?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have used 13lb hammer springs in mine with the Henning XL FP and never had a light strike in thousands of rounds. However I did clean the FP channel maybe every 5th cleaning since it does get a fair amount of residue inside, only takes a minute with a Qtip.

 

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I ordered in Tanfoglio sear and trigger return springs from Ben Stoeger. I replaced my CZC extra power trigger return spring with the Tanfoglio trigger return spring and could tell little, if any, difference. Obviously, had I replaced a CGW light trigger return spring with the Tanfoglio spring my trigger pull weight would have gone up. If you have a CZC extra power TRS, there is no need to change if you are looking to increase your pull.  I could bend the spring arms and probably increase the weight a little more. Once I change the sear spring, I will determine if the TRS needs bending. I will report back with sear spring results. It may be a few days. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


I finally got around to changing out my oem  sear spring for a Tanfoglio sear spring.  My results were right at a 4 oz increase. The Tanfoglio sear spring is 4 coils vs 3 coils for the CZ and it is stiff.  I could not push it into place with the sear nested in the sear cage. I had to make a slave pin, mount the spring in the sear outside the sear change and then bend the leading edge of the spring vertical enough to slip the sear cage over the top of the sear. But it is installed and I like the way it feels. Only dry fired, so far, but will be going to the range soon. Noticeably stiffer when cocking the hammer.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, fastlane604 said:


I finally got around to changing out my oem  sear spring for a Tanfoglio sear spring.  My results were right at a 4 oz increase. The Tanfoglio sear spring is 4 coils vs 3 coils for the CZ and it is stiff.  I could not push it into place with the sear nested in the sear cage. I had to make a slave pin, mount the spring in the sear outside the sear change and then bend the leading edge of the spring vertical enough to slip the sear cage over the top of the sear. But it is installed and I like the way it feels. Only dry fired, so far, but will be going to the range soon. Noticeably stiffer when cocking the hammer.

 

Nice work :cheers:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I just got a TSO and have about 200 rounds through it. My trigger pull is at 5.6 ounces which is really confusing to me. I had to add insane amount of pre travel and bend the trigger return spring and sear spring to get me at 10 ounces. 

I contacted CZ and told them I was concerned that it’s not normal to be at less than 1/2 pound from the factory and they told me I shouldn’t be concerned and it’s fine!! I’m shocked so I might have to resort to sending it in. And I’m testing with a digital gauge with the gun in a vice and the gauge is confirmed to be accurate since it measures the same as Cajun gun works quoted me on my Shadow 2 I got from them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/21/2018 at 5:59 AM, hurley326 said:

I just got a TSO and have about 200 rounds through it. My trigger pull is at 5.6 ounces which is really confusing to me. I had to add insane amount of pre travel and bend the trigger return spring and sear spring to get me at 10 ounces. 

I contacted CZ and told them I was concerned that it’s not normal to be at less than 1/2 pound from the factory and they told me I shouldn’t be concerned and it’s fine!! I’m shocked so I might have to resort to sending it in. And I’m testing with a digital gauge with the gun in a vice and the gauge is confirmed to be accurate since it measures the same as Cajun gun works quoted me on my Shadow 2 I got from them.

if it works  it's a miracle :lol: 

maybe they made  new model  for olympic  shooting .;)

from 1lb  to 2.5 lb that is normal for this model.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...