Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!
sheepdog566

FTF assistance

Any clues what may be causing this with my reloads. Not occurring with all rounds and factory loaded ammo feeds fine. 180grain acme with 4.6 wst loaded to 1.125oal

412363C4-0E94-42BE-B13F-99E98F036397.jpeg

lee fcd will cure that......did you do a plunk test?  if it passed the plunk id say your recoil spring is to strong

Except they all passed the chamber test.... You said factory ammo is good, reloads not so good. It needs to be hotter. Try 4.9 grains.

I use 4.6gr of WST with coated lead at 1.135" and get 172pf. I've used 4.9gr with plated though to get around the same power factor.

What happens if you use the factory barrel? And have you tried a different brand of bullets with a different profile?

Because of the slim ogive of the 180 ACME you need to be at least at 1.135 if not 1.140. The edge of the case is probably showing at 1.125.

15 hours ago, sheepdog566 said:

Started out at 1.135...they loaded a bit tight in the mag and still had malfunctions.  

I've used the Acme 180gr bullets at 1.135" and they fit fine in Glock mags and fed fine as well. Have you loaded with other types of bullets in this Glock and had it feed properly? 

Loaded to 1.135 and still getting some ftf’s when hand cycling. 1-2 per mag....I can tap the bottom of magazine hard when I get the malfunction and sometimes the gun will go into battery. Inspected the at fault rounds and can’t see anything abnormal.

I had factory ammo malfunction like that before and I went crazy changing all my springs. Turned out to be the ammo and I had to give them a crimp. 

Edited by stxbordergun

KKM barrel...think I need to go with a different bullet. Acme bullets appear to have a different taper to the nose

Having the same problem now as well. Did loading longer fix the problem?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Loaded to 1.45 and problem solved.

16 minutes ago, mwc said:

Loaded to 1.45 and problem solved.

1.145...?

1.145...?
Got me...yes...1.145

Changing bullets solved my issue. The bullet ogive of the acme bullets did not work in my Glock. Switched to extreme bullets and had no problems. Got BBI 200’s on the way to try them.

Keep us advised on the 200 gr load. I have been thinking about trying that as well.