Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Unresponsive script

perttime

Recently, I've been getting an "Unresponsive script" warning when opening topic threads. Not always but frequently.

Is it something about the site, my weak old Windows 10 laptop with Firefox, or a mystery of the interwebs?

unresponsive.jpg

Edited by perttime

The same avantlink URL, yes. Exactly the same.

When I come here, I usually go to Unread Content, and open a couple of interesting threads in new tabs. Then, one of the threads pops up the warning.

Edited by perttime

Here's the tech reply from AvantLink...

Hi Brian,

I was clicking through on your website - I didn't see any Javascript errors and the ALE links appear to be loading correctly after clicking around to ~10 or so forum posts.

Are there any pages that this happens on consistently?

If you can help us find an example, would you please do the following? :

1. Click "stop script" when the popup appears

2. Open developer console with (ctrl + shift + i) or the F12 key on your keyboard

3. Please send a screenshot of what you see under the "console" tab - Any red / yellow messages here may indicate where the Javascript is failing to execute.

There may be something in your site's javascript that is timing out, a possible infinite loop, a keyword being passed into the ALE API that it doesn't like, or a number of other possibilities. The more info you can provide the quicker we can find the solution with you. Let me know what you find in regards to the steps above. 

Have a great day Brian, I will set this ticket to pending while awaiting your reply.