Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!
chuckstur

650 Primer Removal Fail

About 1/200 primers either don't get pushed out of the case, or they are stuck on the pin and reseated with pressure from the virgin primer on the priming pin.  .40 S&W.... Any help here?

I have the same issue with 9mm. 1 every 200-300. Normally blazer brass. I'm using an egw/Lee under size die.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Search here for primer pull back or similar. We have dealt with the subject many times. Clean up the decapping pin in some form or fashion

what brand die you use for decapping? Had the same problem on a Lee/Egw under size i had to lower the decapping pin in the die.

On 10/16/2017 at 8:06 PM, chuckstur said:

About 1/200 primers either don't get pushed out of the case, or they are stuck on the pin and reseated with pressure from the virgin primer on the priming pin.  .40 S&W.... Any help here?

I had a same/similar problem with 357 SIG, the decapping pin would sometimes stick in the primer and stay in the case or like yours not push it out.  I tried increasing the depth and that did not fix the problem, what finally did the trick was using a RCBS Large decapping pin.  

I was reloading mixed headstamps but I never tracked the issue to a particular headstamp.

Never had this problem with the Lee die.

the RCBS dies need to be rounded off on the tip just a bit.

I used my belt sander and gently kept rolling the pin slowly at about a 45 degree angle to start.  It doesn't take much really.

I've run about 2000 cases through it since then with not a single primer issue.

Chipu12......same here.....readjusted the EGW pin lower and it definitely helps......crap brass is still crap brass.....