Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Newbie here production --> optical

Gee34

Vortex Venom 6 MOA. It won't break the bank, is reliable and is a good quality dot. Readily available for less than $230 AND sometimes even less than that. Make sure you get the Venom and NOT the Viper. 

FYI: Optics planet is having a sale, 15% off all red dots.

is there a code for that?

edit: found it, code is WLRED

Also, it automatically added at $25 gift card to my cart and took the code too.  Thanks for the heads up.

Edited by jliew08

15 hours ago, Aircooled6racer said:

Hello: I was using the Vortex Viper 6MOA before I sold my 34MOS. It worked well and the battery did not come loose like on the Vortex Venom's I have seen. Thanks, Eric

I guess I might have been lucky, I have 2 of the Venoms with no issues with the battery covers. The thing I really like about the Venoms is not having to remove the whole sight to change the battery. 

1 hour ago, jliew08 said:

is there a code for that?

edit: found it, code is WLRED

Also, it automatically added at $25 gift card to my card and took the code too.  Thanks for the heads up.

Purchase using a credit card with price protection,  then have them price match to one of the sites here:

https://gun.deals/search/apachesolr_search/119688

So DPP for $310 with a $25 gift card,  so $285 in total? 

Purchase using a credit card with price protection,  then have them price match to one of the sites here:

https://gun.deals/search/apachesolr_search/119688

So DPP for $310 with a $25 gift card,  so $285 in total? 

Never tried price matching online or with optics planet. Let me know how that works out! My gift card code was just emailed to me from my order this morning.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

1 hour ago, jliew08 said:

Never tried price matching online or with optics planet. Let me know how that works out! My gift card code was just emailed to me from my order this morning.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

You do it through your credit card company if they offer that feature,  not through optics planet or any other site.  I have done it before without issues. Usually I buy from a vendor with no tax and free shipping,  then have my CC match it to the lowest advertised price. Heck you can even use it to support some of the dealers on the forum.  Buy from them and then have the CC match a lower priced competitor.