Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

cMore on an offset mount

jtrump

Hello everyone, I kind of need a general consensus here.    I currently have  DP Pro on top of a Cheely mount,  I have no ejection issues.  It seems very "Centered".   I've shot through a C-more a few times and being new to a dot the bigger glass feels more comfortable to me.   Now I'm looking at the offset cheely mount's and with the C-more on there it looks like it sits way off to the side.   Is this my imagination?    Also because of how far back the C-more extends,  is it going to be possible to fit my slide rack in there?

I guess, what I'm asking is... Is the offset that noticeable as it looks in the pictures?  it seems to set very far over compared to a DP Pro,  I'm assuming this is to eliminate any possibilities of ejection issues?'

Or is there a fix for the stock mount that comes on the DVC OPEN?   can the extractor be tuned to kick the brass horizontally 100%?   maybe removing some metal from the stock STI mount?   Going out on a limb here.

Edited by jtrump

The offset mount moves the scope .200 to the left so, yes it is visibly moved to the left. 

A slide racker can be used, there are many to choose from. 

Can also consider a horizontal C-More mount to get the lens centered and closer to the slide. There are really long rackers if you want to keep it on the left side or put on a right hand side racker. 

I use a C-More slideride on a horizontal mount and no slide racker. My previous open guns I had the vertical C-More mounts and kept running into ejection clearance issues at the most inconvenient times. Tune it, works great then one day the brass starts hitting the mount and causing problems. 

15 minutes ago, jtrump said:

That's not good Barry,  I'm switching to a Cmore..   Hopefully one of these smiths here that I know will be able to tweak it.

The Cheely mount does indeed offset a slide ride Cmore so much it looks odd. BUT, when you are shooting it is not noticeable at all.

Even with an offset mount I still had problems with ejection. Just as HI5-O said, it would be perfect and then just start jamming. Different headstamp ejected differently, mag spring tension affected ejection, etc. I finally went with a 90 degree mount but think those are ugly. Finally waited for the RTS2 to get the kinks worked out and went that route. Even a Cheely RTS2 mount is offset a tad.