Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!
andyivan

CZ Shadow and 147 grain suggestions

Looking for some OAL and powder weights for using 147 coated bullets and Tite group powder.  I'm using a CZ custom shop Shadow Target 2. 

Thanks! 

3 minutes ago, oteroman said:

He asked about Titegroup.
Who sells Solo 1000?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

3.2g of Tg  should get him there.

I got ordered mine from Powder Valley a few years ago.

Have shot a lot of sns tc 147 with 3.2 titegroup in CZ's. Loaded to 1.15, when I tried shorter I had the occasional failure to feed. 

A little light in my CZ 75 compact, about 130 pf in my CTS, may be just a smidge light in your gun or may be close to spot on. 

3.1 gr of TG under 147 gr Bayous loaded to 1.135 gets me 132 PF out of my SP-01 Shadow. Pretty accurate and clean enough. 

^^^Same with 147 SnS. 132 with 3.1 TG. Shadow custom, SP01 custom and Shadow 2 custom

Edited by Brooke

3.20 grain titegroup. any 147gr plated bullet. depending on profile/ogive and your barrel 1.100" oal.

I've been shooting 3.5 of TG with 1.058”.  Shoots clean, flat and accurate with 147 gr blue bullets in my Shadow 2.  I do need to chrono as I could probably go a bit lighter and make PF.

9 hours ago, bcp said:

I've been shooting 3.5 of TG with 1.058”.  Shoots clean, flat and accurate with 147 gr blue bullets in my Shadow 2.  I do need to chrono as I could probably go a bit lighter and make PF.

I wouldn't be surprised if you weren't at 140 pf with that load.  

Like Rowdy said, 3.2 with plated out of a S1has always got me around 130 pf.  The S2 barrels are faster plus lead is faster.  

I haven't settled on 3.5 but I do like the 147s.  I will drop down to 3.2 and try that.  I do want to be a little above minor PF and that load sounds like its working for many of you.  Thanks.

3.1gr TG

147gr Bayou

CCI SPP

1.135" (reamed throat)

131PF Shadow 1, 135PF G35 (55deg, 3000' ASL)

Edited by 858

Wow, that is shorter and at least .3g more than I would use.

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk

On 10/21/2017 at 10:25 AM, jduvel said:

147gn Blue bullet over 3.2gn titegroup getting 130PF

I have 147 Blue Bullets coming today.  What was your OAL? 

12 hours ago, paramajic4 said:

Does a longer OAL tend to feed better than a shorter OAL?

With tc that was my experience, do not know if that would be true for rn . 

Good info on TiteGroup.

Next time I'll get that instead of N320 (btw, I use 3.1 of N320 with an SNS 147 coated RN at 1.120" 131pf).

5 hours ago, HI5-O said:

Good info on TiteGroup.

Next time I'll get that instead of N320 (btw, I use 3.1 of N320 with an SNS 147 coated RN at 1.120" 131pf).

I made the switch from  TG and 231 to N320 in 40SW and regret doing so. I do not find all of the glowing reviews to be accurate in my case. The only benefit I have found is N320 runs cooler. Otherwise, it is just as dirty, harder to meter from a Dillon thrower, double the price, and no difference in recoil. If I hadn't spent so much on 8lbs of N320 I'd just fertilize my lawn with it and move back to TG or W231 immediately. YMMV

I have planned to load up some 147's tonight with Titegroup.  I have never used it before.  Good to know my planned load was spot on to what everyone is loading

3.2 gr Titegroup, 147 grain .356 xtreme bullet, CCI SPP and OAL 1.125" = 132 PF out of my Shadow. Gun shoots perfect with 13lb hammer spring and 13lb recoil spring.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk