Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Most durable

Onepocket

C-More slide ride.  My practice pistol still has the same C-More that was on the gun when it was originally built in 1999.  It has outlasted 3 slides & barrels and I think 4 compensators.  I've changed the dot every couple of years, sometimes because the battery didn't seem to be lasting as long and sometimes just changing the dot size.

My match Pistol had a C-More for 6 years, then I tried several of the micro red dots, and went back to a C-More after about a year of monkeying around.  Then tried horizontal mounts and finally went back to straight up old school vertical.

I have at least a dozen C-Mores on various guns and I have had only one failure with a bad intermittent switch during a match.  I fixed it temporarily by turning the knob on full and running a piece of black target tape across the knob.  I fixed it permanently by re-soldering the switch leads to the circuit board.

I have slide mounted FF3s on 1911 for years with no failures.  My main Open pistol wears a frame mounted Slideride.  No problems except for short battery life.  My backup Open gun wears a frame mounted DPP 2.5.  No issues.  I'll probably switch to the DPP for both guns, plus the two I'm building now.  I have three RTS2s.  One slide mounted on a 1911 45; the other on a CZ TS 40.  No problems except for battery life.  The third RTS2 is on a 22, so it doesn't count.

The FF3s are all 8MOA and hold up forever, but the dots are dimmer than the others.  The SR is a 6MOA, as are the RTS2s.  While I love the big glas on the SR, the RTS2s have a brighter dot (with a new battery), and the glass has more contrast.  The DPP dot is a little smaller than the 6MOAs, but way brighter.  There is zero problem picking up the dot on white steel in full sunlight.  There is also no problem with glare when the sun is in front of you.

I guess I’m rough on scopes

tasco pdp3, blown switches

bullet proofed Tasco pdp3, blown switches

bullet proofed adco, blown switches

c-mores sliderides, 2-3 rebodied, 2 bad switches

currently running a rts2, that’s gone back 4 times for various reasons

maybe one day aimpoint will make a micro red dot that I cannot kill

The only optics I owned that I haven't killed were a Slide ride (only shot it for a few months though) and Shield RMS (only mounted a few weeks now,  about 1k rounds). 

FF3 - plastic covering the emitter fell off. Replaced under warranty.  

RTS2 - cracked lens (my fault)  and bad board (not my fault). Paid for lense,  board replaced under warranty.  

OG Deltapoint - Died dead as disco.  Replaced under warranty.  Replacement did not have enough elevation to zero. Replaced with pro under warranty. 

PA Advanced Micro dot - Optic lost brightness until it wasn't daylight visible even with new batteries. Replaced under warranty.  

Deltapoint Pro - something odd happened to the lens in storage making the reticle unusable.  Replaced under warranty.  

Edited by JRM83