Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

SLP Bolt Lock

jobob

I've been shooting an FN SLP Mkl in 3 gun for about 4 years. This gun has been extremely reliable, up until now. I put about 10-15 rounds of slugs, Rem low recoil and Fiochi low recoil last Sunday to do some fine tuning to get the sights on. Gun worked fine. Got done shooting, cam home and put gun away. Then the next evening I took it out to practice some quad-loading and I couldn't open the bolt. No matter what I did I could not force the bolt to open. It would move about 1/4 inch and then stop. A friend and I took it apart by pulling the barrel off. Everything looks fine. Nothing broke. The only thing that looks a little weird is a floating piece that cams the bolt down from the barrel extension. This piece fell out when we disassembled the gun. It seems that my problem may be related to this little part, because it looked and felt like the bolt wasn't completely clearing the recess in the barrel extension and this part may be the key to that.

Is anyone familiar with this gun and this malfunction? Is that little floating part that has the camming surface for the bolt to disengage from the barrel extension suppose to be floating, or is it suppose to be pinned in?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I have been looking everywhere for a solution to this problem. I run the SLP competition shotgun, and during my last 3-gun match I ran into this same problem. The bolt conditions are the exact same. Where did you find the parts and what exactly do I need? Browning Bolt Cam Retaining Pin (is there an exact model?)

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.