Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Couple nagging issues with my VM

adamge

1. My shell catch rollpin keeps walking downwards. I've tried taking the pin out and hammering both ends of it with a pointed punch to flare the end, but even after that it walks about about 1/4" after firing 20 shells.  At which point it starts threatening to tear open my thumb.

2. My stock keeps coming loose. The screw that secures stock to action spring tube gets loose and then the stock can twist.  I've tried some loctite.  Should I try more loctite?  More torque?  I am getting maybe 100 rounds per stock tighten.

Replace the roll pin with a new one either a genuine Remington one or one from a Benelli M2. That should sort that. As a temporary and last resort I dropped a drop of super glue on the end of the pin while I was waiting for a new one to arrive.

As for stock mine did this all the time until replaced the stock screw with a new one and cranked the life out the new one and put a little loctite on it. 

It's been fine since.

That is interesting.  My stock keeps coming loose too.  I was at Superstition this year and at load and make ready on one stage, I felt something weird.  I moved my shotgun a little and realized the stock seemed like it was loose enough to fall off (although it wasn't quite that loose but it was super noticeable).  So the RO said are you ready and I said uhhhh noooooo....  had to go to the safe area and tighten the sucker down.  It works loose every 500 or so rounds.  I will have to see about replacing the screw.

Edited by GetAwayDriva