Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Loose ejector

blacklab

I have a Steelmaster that ran 100% for the last two years, it would eat anything it was fed. However the last two times it was shot I was getting FTE's even though nothing was changed, same load same everything. I took it apart to clean it tonight and the ejector pulled out. I never had this happen before, I checked my other open gun and that ejector is tight in place. So my question is did something break? I don't know if there is a pin that holds the ejector in place or if they are press fit and is that the reason for the FTE's? I'm not positive of the round count but I think it's under 10k. 

image.jpg

There is a pin and it is located along the slide rail.  You can see the hole in the pic... it appears that the pin is there.  You need to drive the pin out and inspect it and the ejector.

The ejector should have a groove along the largest post.  That is where the pin goes to hold it into place.

1 hour ago, sclagg said:

There is a pin and it is located along the slide rail.  You can see the hole in the pic... it appears that the pin is there.  You need to drive the pin out and inspect it and the ejector.

The ejector should have a groove along the largest post.  That is where the pin goes to hold it into place.

from enlarged pic. i can see that ejector leg is broken. and half of the leg  still stacked inside the frame. pin hold it .

remove pin that hold the broken leg  and try draw broken part.

don't worry it sometimes happens .

תוצאת תמונה עבור ‪removing broken ejector 1911‬‏

Edited by yigal

Had time to pull it apart tonight. (Thanks for the video yigal.) Sclagg looks like the pin broke in half, and at some point the other half fell out leaving the ejector free floating. Hopefully it will be an easy fix and it will be back to running 100% again. 

On ‎10‎/‎5‎/‎2017 at 8:54 AM, Aircooled6racer said:

Hello: Just get another 3/32" dowel and you will be back running. If you have an Ace Hardware near you they may have some in there nut and bolt bins. Thanks, Eric

That did the trick. Back to 100%. Thanks.