Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Belt Setups

I used an ELS belt and added a Carbon Arms ratchet system. That kept everything soo much more secure with a fully loaded belt.  I'd recommend that addition to anyone. 

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I got my els belt sadly without an inner belt ( didn’t know safariland as a company at the time, now I’m aware if there is air in the packaging they may charge for it)

ordered my ratchet here https://www.ratchetingbuckles.com/ratchet-buckles-ladder-straps/1x13-ladder-strap-with-tab-ls113t-black/

then put an aluminum backing plate on the buckle so it can not twist or shift. The same on my  holster hanger with the aluminum 1/8th inch plate the qls hangs much lower and rubs without something holding it.

for 3gun or even changing out from one pistol to another it’s the most versatile and quick. But because safariland is in its own place with no direct competition to speak of, ordering from them is slow imo and without discount codes, pricey very quick.. 34 bucks for two plastic clips to even mounts things to....

Just mentioned this in an9tge topic but Lowe’s sells magnets ( same size and type you can buy for double alpha pouches for under five buck, they just have a hook in center which snips out easily, much better option than paying 30 for one.

This is my homemade kydex set. Imo if your going to do multiple divisions and are handy, just buy the supplies and make your own.

Edited by Sawdustnsteel
Can’t get the photo smaller.

holster on the right

two taccom 8up shell caddies up front on right side

two mag holders for pistol mags on left side

1 ar holder on the back left

Els slide locks on everything that way i can take stuff off according to the stage im shooting

I do want to try one of those ratchet belts maybe then i wouldnt have to fight with my belt being tight enough all day

19 hours ago, AverageJoeShooting said:

holster on the right

two taccom 8up shell caddies up front on right side

two mag holders for pistol mags on left side

1 ar holder on the back left

Els slide locks on everything that way i can take stuff off according to the stage im shooting

I do want to try one of those ratchet belts maybe then i wouldnt have to fight with my belt being tight enough all day

I love it. As long as your as fat as your gonna get it seems to be the best way to set up. I figure I’m starting fat, can only trim off belt bits.ill snap a small file pic tomorrow to show my rig

Edited by Sawdustnsteel

yea i have a pic of the old belt settup when i had teklocks on everything and before i switched over to the els slide locks.  

els slide locks are stage savers man. sometimes you might have a stage that is only rifle and pistol and its amazing to just be able to slide off your shotgun caddies and not carry that weight for that stage 

The Lowe’s magnet I spoke of earlier with the hook removed and bolted directly to my belt. I put it here just to get a feel of it. And my homemade kydex for double mags and my sti holster. I’m of the mind the price of one holster is the same to cover most the supplies needed ( hotplate, materials for a taco press, and kydex) so if you shoot multiple divisions and are inclined, save some money for ammo. Pouches are the only thing I think are a pain in the ass. Currently I’m looking at trying a few taco type mag pouch.

0E52A30F-AB38-480D-84EF-3E9C36B93B8B.jpeg

BEF45C32-60CD-45BD-B462-8F28F2973FB6.jpeg

1 hour ago, Sawdustnsteel said:

The Lowe’s magnet I spoke of earlier with the hook removed and bolted directly to my belt. I put it here just to get a feel of it. And my homemade kydex for double mags and my sti holster. I’m of the mind the price of one holster is the same to cover most the supplies needed ( hotplate, materials for a taco press, and kydex) so if you shoot multiple divisions and are inclined, save some money for ammo. Pouches are the only thing I think are a pain in the ass. Currently I’m looking at trying a few taco type mag pouch.

0E52A30F-AB38-480D-84EF-3E9C36B93B8B.jpeg

BEF45C32-60CD-45BD-B462-8F28F2973FB6.jpeg

Have you hung anything off that magnet yet? I have never seen a magnet at Lowe's that is anywhere near as strong as a DAA magnet.

37 minutes ago, Sarge said:

Have you hung anything off that magnet yet? I have never seen a magnet at Lowe's that is anywhere near as strong as a DAA magnet.

I would definitely recommend throwing a full mag on it and running/jumping around to make sure it’ll stay. You’d rather find out in practice than at a match. 

I have.actually had two mags bullets out with 20 rounds each in MBX mags, held just fine while sprinting. I got a bum leg so not doing wind sprints. They slid down some until one touched the base pad. 

Edited by Sawdustnsteel

• 8 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 12/9/2019 at 4:36 PM, greatlakes08 said:

Carbon arms is currently out of stock in my belt size. Does anyone know if another dealer carries there belts ?

I don’t think anyone else carries their belt. If I were you I would consider Weber Tactical’s new belt. I think they developed it with Carbon Arms and it also has a ratchet strap. Just a suggestion, it’s the belt I am buying next. 

https://www.webertactical.com/product/weber-tactical-signature-outer-belt/#belt-sizes