Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Belt Setups

I'm looking at upgrading my belt setup over the season and looking for input. I am really looking at the ELS best because I currently use tecloks and whenever I have a full belt it's not velcro'd anywhere on the belt, it just hangs there. Yes I have tried velcro on the back of the tecloks but I don't like it because I can't easily remove the tecloks. If you use ELS what are some things to make it better or do you like it the way it is. And how do you do your holster. I've seen just tecloks or something like the qls or RTI mounts, I want to be able to remove it easily What does everyone perfer and pros and cons of each. I will be using this for 3 gun and a little USPSA so I need to be able to switch gear quickly

My Bladetech set-up is TekLoks with industrial adhesive velcro added. Then I mounted male TMMS to the ekLok with the release tab facing up. I attached the female TMMS to the holster, magpuch, shell caddy. IMHO it's a better setup than ELS since you can freely position your gear where you want on the belt (not limited to the hole spacing of an ELS belt), it's quick change between stages and you can use whichever bely you like, DAA, Bladetech, JRHolster, CR Speed.

20171004_002945.jpg

• 1 month later...

I have determined I am going to use the Carbon Arms belt with the ratchet system. The belt is a plastic and has enough holes for whatever mounting system you choose. I'm choosing the ELS for everything including the holster because I'm getting a good deal on stuff from Safariland. I'm also getting there shotshell caddies. I won one earlier this year and it's awesome how it works. The only downside is you have to adjust for the length of the shells, but they don't move when your using them

• 3 weeks later...

My belt is ELS and it's great for placing and swapping equipment. I do wish I had a ratchet system with it as some guys at my local matches do, but I've never used one myself.

I'm a big fan of the Safariland caddy and Ghost mag pouches (with my buddy's 3D printed adapter design). As far as attaching the hoster, I use a Boss Plus hanger and just an ELS fork which has been great. 

IMG_20171208_190737.jpg

Edited by EricF1
Spellin

Switched to the ELS last year and for 3 Gun it is damn near a must because of how quick it it to change things up however I am not overjoyed with the belt itself but like everything  in the game there is no perfect solution 

• 2 weeks later...

Recently got my Carbon Arms belt and ratchet system in the mail. I also bought one of their inner belts with is pretty flimsy for the extra 15 dollars. Maybe it won't matter because you can synch your belt down so tight. I plastic belt is pretty stiff and I like it so far. Paired with the ELS and I think it's a winning setup

2 hours ago, mattmann said:

What is the ratchet system? I mean I know what it is but does it utilize your existing safariland els belt?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes it does. You typically cut the stainless nubs of in order to use it. Then you just use Chicago screws to attach it to the belt.

• 3 weeks later...

Ive seen a couple of guys at our local matches who have put on the ratchet system.  I wasn't in the same squad with them, however I asked another guy about the ratchet system and he said that they used ratchet's from old roller blades or snowboard bindings.  Anyone else tried this?

22 hours ago, Pcew73 said:

Ive seen a couple of guys at our local matches who have put on the ratchet system.  I wasn't in the same squad with them, however I asked another guy about the ratchet system and he said that they used ratchet's from old roller blades or snowboard bindings.  Anyone else tried this?

Pretty much the same concept I imagine. If you're a DIYer it could work.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...