Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Shadow 2 with 16 round OEM/MecGar

ArrDave

I just came from the range practicing with my Shadow 2 - first time out I only used 17 rounders - which were 100% - but the next time out I used 16 rounders - which were far from 100%.  I left the gun/mags with my buddy/gunsmith  so they're not on hand at the moment - but we did notice that the feed lips and the front of the mag tubes are appreciably different on the 16 rounders to the 17 rounders that it shipped with.  the 18 rounders didn't have an issue either and were 100% as well.

The 16 rounders every once in a while would have a round pop off and be loose in the gun and not feed.  Pull the mag - the round would fall out of the grip - re load it into the magazine and go again and ti was fine. 

I can think of 3 - could be some of all

1- breaking the edge a little further on the slide.  That bit that we had to do on the shadows initially - it appears to have a slight bevel as is

2- I just need to get some stronger mag springs

3- Adjust feed lips on my 16's. 

Anyone else have issues with 16 rounders on their shadow 2s? 

2 hours ago, ArrDave said:

I just came from the range practicing with my Shadow 2 - first time out I only used 17 rounders - which were 100% - but the next time out I used 16 rounders - which were far from 100%.  I left the gun/mags with my buddy/gunsmith  so they're not on hand at the moment - but we did notice that the feed lips and the front of the mag tubes are appreciably different on the 16 rounders to the 17 rounders that it shipped with.  the 18 rounders didn't have an issue either and were 100% as well.

The 16 rounders every once in a while would have a round pop off and be loose in the gun and not feed.  Pull the mag - the round would fall out of the grip - re load it into the magazine and go again and ti was fine. 

I can think of 3 - could be some of all

1- breaking the edge a little further on the slide.  That bit that we had to do on the shadows initially - it appears to have a slight bevel as is

2- I just need to get some stronger mag springs

3- Adjust feed lips on my 16's. 

Anyone else have issues with 16 rounders on their shadow 2s? 

3 .