Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!
Chris777

Cut a DAA belt or buy a smaller one?

My DAA Premium competition belt has become a bit too bit.. I recently lost about 15 lbs and the overlap of my 38" belt now interferes with my holster location.  Was thinking about cutting a few inches off the belt, but not sure if this is a wise thing to do or if it will lead to the nylon outer shell coming apart.  Has anyone ever trimmed or cut down a DAA belt or should I just pony up and buy a smaller size belt?

You can just shift stuff around so the overlap is in a better place. :rolleyes: If you do cut the belt, cauterize the ends with a flame or soldering iron so it doesn't fray. I did this when we were building our own wreck diving rigs and it works great. Congrats on the 15 pounds! I have been about 25 down since 2003 ;)

2 hours ago, Hi-Power Jack said:

Buy a smaller belt   ....     BUT, keep the larger belt, just in case    :) 

That advice also works on blue jeans.

My belts are CR Speed but the trim and burn trick did work for them.  I assume the DAA belts are built the same.

I cut my wife's belt.  Then added a little black epoxy to the end.  Looks like a dipped end.  works perfectly.