Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

CZ Noob questions TS

90lxracer

New to CZ's and really competitive shooting in general.. 

I got a CZ TS, and honestly love it.. Great gun... Shooting limited.. So.. got a 2nd in 40.. just ordered some base pads from CZ custom.. got those.. I REALLY like that design.. 

Anywho.. since I'm already traveling down the rabbit hole, I bought a 3rd.. this one in 9mm for 3 gun.. 

My question, are the 40 and 9mm mags interchangeable?  I believe that to be the case with Tanfo's is it the case with the TS's? 

If I must, I'll buy mags specific to each caliber gun. 

I have 5 mags that are 40 

The 9mm gun has 3 mags, and I'll buy base pads for them.. 

IF it's don't mix them.. I'll buy a different color base pads for the different calibers. 

I've seen pictures of TS mags marked for both 40 and 9mm but my 40 mags will not correctly feed 9mm nor are they marked as such. There must have been a switch at some point for combo mags. My 40 TS mags are 40 only.

Not sure about the TS... but the Shadow 2 mag tube is the same for 9 and 40. 

It's marked 9 on one side and 40 on the other. 

Seems unlikely CZ would do this one on the 75 pattern. But I've got no first had experience with the TS. 

3 hours ago, Pistolpete9 said:

3 TS's???  You are living the dream man!  I was nervous when I got mine, but it has been the most impressive gun I've owned.

Indeed, 3 TacSports is about one real nice rifle...

One day I'll follow up on my younger self's desire to own a TS.

One of my shooting buddies had TS mags marked 9/40.  Those mags WILL feed both calibers, but the OAL must be 'tuned' to the bullet shape, particularly in 9mm.  If they were my mags, I'd use them for 40 and buy dedicated 9mm mags.  He has already had problems in matches, and it cost him the win on two occasions.

21 hours ago, Pistolpete9 said:

3 TS's???  You are living the dream man!  I was nervous when I got mine, but it has been the most impressive gun I've owned.

I'm kind of retarded..  but thank you.. lol

I have  the 40.. USPSA limited w.. a back up

I bought the 3rd in 9mm for 3 gun...

Picked them all up 2nd hand.. so... it wasn't "that" bad.. 

I have a Tanfo limited elite custom in 9mm too that I want to sell...  It's been all tricked out. I'll take a bath here... I bought that one new.. 

I got the CZ's.. I prefer the CZ!! 

12 hours ago, muncie21 said:

The Tactical Sports mag bodies are physically different between 9mm and .40

IMG_0193.JPG

Those dimples running the length of the mag must keep the smaller bullets in line.. OR lack thereof on the 40 will allow them to shift around and feed silly.. 

1 minute ago, 90lxracer said:

Those dimples running the length of the mag must keep the smaller bullets in line.. OR lack thereof on the 40 will allow them to shift around and feed silly.. 

I have had no issues with feeding from either of the mags.  Now I do tend to load .40 in the .40 mags and 9mm in the 9mm mags, so this wasn't really a surprise :)  While a person could likely run 9mm bullets in the .40 mag, I doubt anyone here would do so for anything but practice.  That would seem to be a point of significantly diminishing returns when you consider the price of a few additional mags in relationship to the cost of the pistol.

I have read that in order to run the extended mag basepads in the 9mm mags you need to modify the followers as they don't like going beyond the 'dimples'.  Getting some 9mm basepads is on my 'to do' list, so I'll know first hand shortly.

10 minutes ago, muncie21 said:

I have had no issues with feeding from either of the mags.  Now I do tend to load .40 in the .40 mags and 9mm in the 9mm mags, so this wasn't really a surprise :)  While a person could likely run 9mm bullets in the .40 mag, I doubt anyone here would do so for anything but practice.  That would seem to be a point of significantly diminishing returns when you consider the price of a few additional mags in relationship to the cost of the pistol.

I have read that in order to run the extended mag basepads in the 9mm mags you need to modify the followers as they don't like going beyond the 'dimples'.  Getting some 9mm basepads is on my 'to do' list, so I'll know first hand shortly.

that's interesting... What base pads are you thinking of going with.. one of the guns came with springer precision ones.. and in looking, I bought CZ custom ones for the other mags.. the CZ customs ones are a WAY better design IMHO... You can get them on and off easily without  special tools, and without kicking the hell out of the springs.. I'm sold.. worth the money in my book.. 

thank u for pic,

look at notches for magazin catch. they are not on same level.! 

difference is ~2mm. it means that if u  left handed shooter and change the magazin catch  to right side 

probably u will have sometimes  feed problems and some other issues 'because now magazin seats lower by 2mm.   magazin catch perfectly symmetric  .

and your limited gun will not get in ipsc standard box.:lol:  they revenge all lefties .:o or their designers use their heads only for eating.:lol:

all cz magazines for ts and shadow have this  from the beginning.  

i find this almost year ago and ask  cz  .they ignore and  didn't reply .

Hmmm, I never thought of trying .40 through my 9mm mags.

I think I will try it out and see if how different bullet sizes feed.

Anybody use .40 through their 9mm mags reliably? Or should I stop being cheap and buy $300 worth of mags and extensions?

In my TS 40 S&W mags do not feed 9mms reliably and neither do 9mm mags feed 40 S&Ws. I shoot left handed and the mag catch has been reversed and there are no feeding issues whatsoever either in TS 40 or TS 9mm.

BTW CZ TS mags cost only 20 euros (about 20 USD) each in Czech webstore.

C, I've used my TS in matches and practice for three years and have never changed the springs.

If your slide will not lock back, one of three things will likely be the cause.  1:  your spring is too strong for your load.  I run a 13lb spring for Major 172PF loads and a 10lb for sub-Minor.  2:  You are using CZC springs with their followers.  Their springs are not as strong as factory and quickly collapse enough that the follower is not pushed high enough to engage the slide stop.  It will still feed the last round reliably.  3. the follower is worn.

Stop being cheap.  See my earlier post.  If you are serious about competing, why on earth would you take a chance.

4 hours ago, zzt said:

C, I've used my TS in matches and practice for three years and have never changed the springs.

If your slide will not lock back, one of three things will likely be the cause.  1:  your spring is too strong for your load.  I run a 13lb spring for Major 172PF loads and a 10lb for sub-Minor.  2:  You are using CZC springs with their followers.  Their springs are not as strong as factory and quickly collapse enough that the follower is not pushed high enough to engage the slide stop.  It will still feed the last round reliably.  3. the follower is worn.

Stop being cheap.  See my earlier post.  If you are serious about competing, why on earth would you take a chance.

I'm using CZC spring and followers. Using a 10lb recoil spring for my 9mm. So I suppose I shouldn't expect last round hold open then.

Yeah, I'm going to stop being cheap and order the mags, hahaha. 

TA338 was right, after shipping from Europe, the TS mags are $35 per mag. 

1 hour ago, Coctomus said:

TA338 was right, after shipping from Europe, the TS mags are $35 per mag. 

Not sure where you are located, however if you're from the US, how did you get beyond this charming message: Bohužel pro zvolenou zemi a zboží neexistuje způsob doručení.

on the .cz website?

Which basically means 'sorry bro, can't ship that item to your country'