Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

The Empire strikes back - International 3 Gun@SUPS

On ‎1‎/‎3‎/‎2018 at 4:23 AM, mike.45 said:

If EricM is going best all the Brits brush up on their 007 quotes…….

I hate it when a goofy tall gangly guy with a bad moustache and just awful British accent knows more Bond quotes than me !! :-/

Fear the left hand.

Well, I'll be.  You are still amongst us!  Fear not the left hand; it is like someone else is doing it.

Come to America.  RM3G wants you.                                                                    :cheers:         

Miss you crazy kids…….

Hopefully out next year for a match, maybe (probably) RM3G - love that match !!

A new baby / toddler / child who is now 3 1/2 sure does put a dampener on international jet setting shooting 3 gun ! 

Last time i saw EricM I was almost lynched in a gas station in western New Mexico on route to SMM3G when I shouted an Emilio Estevez 'Billy the Kid' quote from Young Guns at him over the reservation gas station yard.

I am from deepest Southern England……..How was I to know all the native americans all around me were Navahos !!!!!   

His face was a picture

Edited by mike.45

• 2 weeks later...

QUESTION: I signed up for "Standard" division, but of course there is no such division under the IMA-SMM3G rules you referenced above. I had assumed this was equivalent to the IMA division "Limited", wherein I can run a red dot and any magazine I like on my rifle, iron sights and a long mag tube that I stuff by hand on my shotgun, and a Tactical/Limited-type pistol (irons, no comp, 140mm mags etc.). Am I correct in my understanding of what "Standard" means? Perhaps you could confirm which IMA divisions you will be recognizing (choices are: Open, Tactical, Limited, Heavy Metal and Stealth), detail any deviations from the parameters outlined in IMA-SMM3G rules, and preferably change the division names to match IMA-SMM3G to avoid any confusion? TIA :D

• 3 weeks later...

Prize table just got a bit more heavy - Taylor Freelance excellent base pads now added & Patrick E Kelley is shooting the match for them.

Still time to sign up & try out your UK , NZ, SA & Canadian accents !

https://www.facebook.com/3GNUKEmpireStrikesBack/

Edited by gunfighteruk

• 3 weeks later...

Practiscore had a glitch & a few matches were shown as closed !!!

All is fine now .

Nordic Components Shotgun side match - round count approx.  80 x birdshot & 10 x slug

Main match - 8 stages -  approx. round count  150 x 9mm / 150 x 223/80 x 12g birdshot

Prize table still growing .

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

A great match and very fun times as the Americans attempted to stand fast against the foreign invaders:ph34r:.

GREAT FUN shooting with the NZ boys...Hamish (THE HAMMER) and Kyle (KILLER KYLE).....

ericm

PS: A down-low shout out to the ex-HK night vision boys: Rock on...:ph34r:

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

2018 was a great match, I will for sure be back for 2019. 

I am glad you are having an event staff next time around.  Giving a guy a timer and expecting him to RO and shoot a 2-day, 12 stage match is too much.   Thankfully we had some guys in our squad who were used to ROing and could help out.  

Edited by NWcityguy2

• 2 months later...
On 4/16/2018 at 1:57 PM, ericm said:

A great match and very fun times as the Americans attempted to stand fast against the foreign invaders:ph34r:.

GREAT FUN shooting with the NZ boys...Hamish (THE HAMMER) and Kyle (KILLER KYLE).....

ericm

PS: A down-low shout out to the ex-HK night vision boys: Rock on...:ph34r:

Hehe, thanks Eric. We're looking at coming back for 2019 and there might be a few more NZ shooters coming along, it's a good build up match to the Nats in early April at Frostproof.