Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

July 2005

More movie quote trivia. Name the actor/actress and the film (you can throw in the year if you want, but it's not necessary to have a "got" answer). We have here one movie from the 1960s, one from the 1980s, five from the 1990s, and three from the 21st Century (if you count the 21st Century as beginning in 2000). Two actresses, ten actors. No building on someone else's answers; once a person has a "got" answer, it belongs to them. No guessing, if you've already won a book. No using an Internet movie data base to identify the quotes, on your honor.

Here we go:

1. "Survival kit contents check: 'In them you will find one .45 caliber automatic; two boxes of ammunition; four days concentrated emergency rations; one drug issue containing antibiotics, morphine, vitamin pills, pep pills, sleeping pills, tranquilizer pills; one combination Russian phrase book and Bible; one hundred dollars in rubles; one hundred dollars in gold; nine packs of chewing gum; one issue of phophylactics; three lipsticks; three pair of nylon stockings.' Shoot, a feller could have a pretty good weekend in Vegas with all that stuff."

2. "It's not that I condone fascism. Or any ism, for that matter. Isms, in my opinion, are not good. A person shouldn't believe in an ism. He should believe in himself."

3. "You're so ambitious, aren't you? You know what you look like to me with your good bag and your cheap shoes? You look like a rube. A well-scrubbed, hustling rube with a little taste. Good nutrition has given you some length of bone, but you're not more than one generation from poor white trash, are you?"

4. "You ever listen to K-Billy's Super Sounds of the Seventies? It's my personal favorite."

5. "John, I'm so sorry. I never meant to hurt you, John, and I did, and I don't know why I did. I wish I could take it all back."

"No. No, Emma. You didn't do it. This affair of yours, whatever it is that you think you're supposed to have done, you didn't do it. I don't believe it ever happened."

"What do you mean?"

"I know this is gonna sound crazy. But what if we never knew each other before now? What if the first time we ever met was last night in your - in our apartment? And everything you remember, and everything that I'm supposed to remember never really happened? Someone just wants us to think it did."

6. "'Ten Ways to Light His Fire.' For Pete's sake. 'Ten Ways to Light His Fire.' You know how a woman gets a man excited? She shows up. That's it. We're guys. We're easy."

7. "I have to go away today, but I wondered if I didn't, whether you might let me see you a little, or...a lot, maybe. See if you could like me again."

8. "Now, the question on the table is how drunk is drunk enough. And the answer is that it's all a matter of brain cells...You see, every drink of liquor you take kills a thousand brain cells. But that doesn't much matter, 'cause we got billions more. And first the sadness cells die, so you smile real big. And then the quiet cells go, so you just say everything real loud for no reason at all. But that's okay, because the stupid cells go next, so everything you say is real smart. And finally....come the memory cells. These are tough sons of bitches to kill."

9. "Sir, I'm a noncombatant, sir."

"Ain't no such thing today, boy."

10. "You know why the man stuff seemed so real? Because I'm pretending. You see a man through the mirror of a woman through the mirror of a man. You take one of those reflecting glasses away, it doesn't work. The man only works because you see him in contrast to the woman he is. If you saw him without the her he lives inside, he wouldn't seem a man at all."

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4. "You ever listen to K-Billy's Super Sounds of the Seventies? It's my personal favorite."

I've never played 'win a book' before so forgive me if I goof the rules. This sounds like something out of a Quentin Tarantino movie... Pulp Fiction? Reservoir Dogs? I won't be able to get the full answer on my own though, without watching the movies again.

9) Sam Elliott.  "We Were Soldiers Once"

"We Were Soldiers"

(This film also had a nice dialog by Sam saying something to the effect that his 1911 was all he needed or something like that. :) )

Didn't he also say something about not needing to be issued a rifle because there would be plenty laying around on the battle field?

9) Sam Elliott.  "We Were Soldiers Once"

"We Were Soldiers"

(This film also had a nice dialog by Sam saying something to the effect that his 1911 was all he needed or something like that. :) )

Didn't he also say something about not needing to be issued a rifle because there would be plenty laying around on the battle field?

Yeah, I think that was the rest of it..

Finally... movies I've seen... repeatedly! :)

5. "John, I'm so sorry. I never meant to hurt you, John, and I did, and I don't know why I did. I wish I could take it all back."

"No. No, Emma. You didn't do it. This affair of yours, whatever it is that you think you're supposed to have done, you didn't do it. I don't believe it ever happened."

"What do you mean?"

"I know this is gonna sound crazy. But what if we never knew each other before now? What if the first time we ever met was last night in your - in our apartment? And everything you remember, and everything that I'm supposed to remember never really happened? Someone just wants us to think it did."

Dark City, Rufus Sewell and Jennifer Connelly ( :wub: )

6. "'Ten Ways to Light His Fire.' For Pete's sake. 'Ten Ways to Light His Fire.' You know how a woman gets a man excited? She shows up. That's it. We're guys. We're easy."

Six Days, Seven Nights, Harrison Ford

7. "I have to go away today, but I wondered if I didn't, whether you might let me see you a little, or...a lot, maybe. See if you could like me again."

Notting Hill, Julia Roberts