Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Holy blood blister Batman!

Broncman

I am not sure if it is a very good habit for an open shooter to get their hand near the comp. Pop one off during the heat of the moment and you will have another kind of blister... ;) Get a racker...

Edited by ChuckS

I wish someone made a "S shaped" racker for us south paws. If I used the straight one that came with my open gun, it gets in the way sometimes when drawing my gun. By that I mean I hit it with my right hand thumb when going to put it on my thumb rest

On 9/22/2017 at 9:50 AM, Flatland Shooter said:

Anything like shoving your thumb into a Garand?

That sounds horrible lol

I haven't had that happen to me, but on a funny note while in the military as a small arms instructor I was teaching a class in Pensacola FL, and one of the students could not understand what I was saying about showing the RO clear on his pistol, "standard issue 9mm baretta" .   So I walked over and he had the gun in his hand toward his chest.  The slide locked to the rear without a magazine in it,  and I said look when your showing clear you drop the magazine, the slide is racked to the rear, look down in the chamber, see how it's empty?  I said the RO is going to look down in there and I stuck my finger into the chamber to show him what the RO was going to look for...   Guys sends the slide forward on my index finger..   not happy..   not happy at all....     I suppose I should not have stuck my finger in there ;/.

Edited by jtrump

43 minutes ago, jtrump said:

That sounds horrible lol

I haven't had that happen to me, but on a funny note while in the military as a small arms instructor I was teaching a class in Pensacola FL, and one of the students could not understand what I was saying about showing the RO clear on his pistol, "standard issue 9mm baretta" .   So I walked over and he had the gun in his hand toward his chest.  The slide locked to the rear without a magazine in it,  and I said look when your showing clear you drop the magazine, the slide is racked to the rear, look down in the chamber, see how it's empty?  I said the RO is going to look down in there and I stuck my finger into the chamber to show him what the RO was going to look for...   Guys sends the slide forward on my index finger..   not happy..   not happy at all....     I suppose I should not have stuck my finger in there ;/.

I'm going to venture to say he knew what he was doing....and just didn't like you. :roflol:

3 hours ago, GrumpyOne said:

I'm going to venture to say he knew what he was doing....and just didn't like you. :roflol:

That could be it, because I kept yelling at him for anticipating recoil and shooting the grass in front of the targets at 7 yards.

3 hours ago, jcc7x7 said:

Sorry LoL

Don't stick your finger where it don't belong.

Still laughing sorry again

Meanie!  I learned my lesson!

2 hours ago, jtrump said:

That could be it, because I kept yelling at him for anticipating recoil and shooting the grass in front of the targets at 7 yards.

Meanie!  I learned my lesson!

you gotta stop before I pee!

On 9/28/2017 at 7:55 AM, jtrump said:

That sounds horrible lol

Oh the perks of being a 0812....lol.