Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Slide glide?

dirty5thirty

The beauty of slide glide is it stays where you put it.  I use it on my slide rails, barrel and slide stop pin.  Oil on the disco and barrel link.  Been doing this for years with great results.  The only thing to be careful of is using it in cold weather.  I usually use Slide Glide light, cut with some Weapon Shield in the winter months.....

27 minutes ago, RangerTrace said:

The beauty of slide glide is it stays where you put it.  I use it on my slide rails, barrel and slide stop pin.  Oil on the disco and barrel link.  Been doing this for years with great results.  The only thing to be careful of is using it in cold weather.  I usually use Slide Glide light, cut with some Weapon Shield in the winter months.....

Awesome that is exactly what I did. Glad to hear it works great in the long run!

FrogLube, I've been using it for quite a while on everything from my AR's, sub guns, and handguns.  I treat all surfaces with heat-applied FrogLube paste, then run the gun pretty much dry.  Cleaning is SO much easier than cleaning a gun that has had oil in it, and in my experience the wear on the internal parts, slide, etc. is equal to or less than guns I've used petroleum lubes in the past.  

There are different grades/viscosities of Slide Glide that should be matched to your climate; make sure you pick the one that is closest to the conditions you normally shoot in and you should be okay.

I personally use Brownells Action Lube Plus on the slide rail and sear; anything where there’s tight metal to metal contact.

I put Slide Glide on my STI rails with a Q-Tip, and then wipe it off. I use Mobil 1, 0W-20 on the rest of the gun (I use that weight because that's what I use in both of our cars so there is always a good supply around the house) Been working well for a couple of years.

Lucas oil outdoor extreme has been working well for me this summer. It's somewhere between oil and grease. If it works through the winter I'm keeping it. The little bottle with the needle applicator is enough for a loooong time

CLP doesn't stay put, frog lube is expensive and became sticky after sitting in the gun, grease didn't work in the cold...

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

41 minutes ago, DesertTortoise said:

Lucas oil outdoor extreme has been working well for me this summer. It's somewhere between oil and grease. If it works through the winter I'm keeping it. The little bottle with the needle applicator is enough for a loooong time

CLP doesn't stay put, frog lube is expensive and became sticky after sitting in the gun, grease didn't work in the cold...

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

Same here. I have been using the lucas extreme for the entire summer and it works great! It is one of the few lubes I have used that does not burn off when you run your gun hard for a day. 

• 2 weeks later...
I use it on the slide only and weapon shield elsewhere. I heard SlideGlide is just bearing grease.
0-20 Mobile 1. I cut it with lucas engine oil treatment, the lucas makes the oil sticky so it stays lubricated. Works great on all surfaces

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk