Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2 Gen 4 Glocks, 2 different triggers?

rootacres

So just something I have observed that maybe someone on here can help me with. I am no stranger to glock, Ive carried and competed with them for years. I purchased a Gen 4 G34 recently as well as a Gen 4 G27. The G34 is a competition gun (USPSA CO and Prod) so its seen a few minor tweaks and the G27 is my edc gun. They should (to my knowledge) share the same trigger, trigger bar and ejector housing. Well my G34 trigger has a smooth shoe an even after some work is gritty and feels like garbage, the G27 has a grooved shoe and feels great with stock parts. Out of curiosity while trying to troubleshoot I swapped the entire trigger assemblies G34's into G27 and G27's into the G34. The G34 now feels amazing (I won't be changing it) and the G27 feels like $hit. Should the Gen 4 trigger shoe be smooth, do I have a Gen 3 trigger bar in my Gen 4 or did I just get unlucky on this particular trigger? Something to note, the G34 was made is the USA and the G27 was made in Austria. i just found it odd that they weren't identical and something does not feel right about the original G34 trigger. Have I confused you yet lol? Any help would be great, thank you.

Edited by rootacres

Full size Glocks come with the smooth face trigger while the compact and sub-compacts come with the serrated trigger.  This was done for the Gen 4 as well as all previous generations.  You can tell if you have a Gen 4 trigger bar vs. Gen 3 by the bump on the part of the trigger bar that engages the firing pin safety.  I found the below picture on google images with the bump already conveniently circled :).  I highly doubt Glock put the wrong trigger bar in your 34 though.

Glock triggers do vary from gun to gun and some are better than others.  You could try swapping parts one at a time to identify which part is causing the bad trigger, and then order a new one of those parts which will hopefully make it feel better.  The only difference in trigger parts between your 34 and 27 is the connector.  The 34 comes with a minus connector and the 27 the dot connector.

The smooth vs. serrated triggers shouldn't make the trigger pull any different.  It's just a different trigger attached to the same trigger bar.  Many folks replace the serrated triggers on the compact and sub-compact Glocks with a smooth trigger w/ trigger bar as most prefer the feel of the smooth face trigger.

2572d1331220268-interchangable-parts-bum

17 hours ago, NWfront said:

Does the G27 have a dot connector as well?  In my experience that combined with the more rigid grooved trigger make for a very clean and crisp trigger.

I have swapped the connectors for the TTI ultimates which have been great in my expiernce. I'll have to do some messing around to see what exactly is causing this and go from there. Thanks for the help