Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

JP Enterprises Rocky Mountain 3-Gun August 9-12, 2018

The 2018, JP Enterprises Rocky Mountain 3-Gun will be held August 9-12, 2018 at the NRA Whittington Center in Raton, NM!

Applications for next year should be up mid-December at: http://rm3g.com/  and at: http://rm3gworld.webs.com/.

Will post here when they go up!

First couple week or so will be for repeat shooters only. BUT, new shooters should send in their applications as soon as possible to be on top of the newbies list! :-)

Also, the cost will be $325 in 2018 due to rising range costs and such. This is the first raise in rates since 2009 so that's not too bad! 

• 2 months later...

So the plan is:

In a week, December 17, the applications for this match will be posted at: http://rm3g.com/  and http://rm3gworld.webs.com/ .

Yep, we're still snail mail.

If you have attended at least 2 JP RM3G's, when I get your application, I will enter you into the match and send a confirmation. If this is your first or second, I will put you on a waitlist until Jan 8, 2018.

I will record both postmark and arrival date. We usually get a good group of newbies in on that date, but you should get them postmarked on Dec 18 if possible.

If you don't have checks, you can have your bank send one, or we can arrange a call to pay by credit card, but you won't get the cash/check discount so it will be $15 more.

We did have to raise the price to $325 this year for cash/check to meet costs.

If you are a sponsored shooter, send in the application with your sponsor listed so I can be sure we get you in and still have room.

Thanks everyone!

Denise

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/22/2017 at 6:28 AM, 1chota said:

I received my "you're in" notice.  This will make my 16th time there.

Here's to the Sierra Squad!  :cheers:

16th time?  So you must have started RM3G the same year I did :cheers: however, I was working as RO back then and didn't shoot for score.  Old timers we sure are!

For all you RM3G veterans, your feedback on these tentative travel plans is welcomed-

Fly into Denver, rent a car, shoot the match, drive car South to Albuquerque, fly home from ALB.  

It looks like 3 hours from Raton to either airport, I figure at least this way I get to see more of the country.

Good plan?  Bad plan?

4 hours ago, Bryan 45 said:

For all you RM3G veterans, your feedback on these tentative travel plans is welcomed-

Fly into Denver, rent a car, shoot the match, drive car South to Albuquerque, fly home from ALB.  

It looks like 3 hours from Raton to either airport, I figure at least this way I get to see more of the country.

Good plan?  Bad plan?

Bryan,

I usually fly into Albuquerque. As you noticed the distance almost identical between Denver and Albuquerque. Take both the cost of the flights and car rental into account. Usually Albuquerque is substantially less costly, off setting any price advantage of flying into Denver. 

The best way to see more of the country out there is take extra time for vacation. That's the plan for HeMan this year. 

I hope to see you out there. Oh, get your cardio game on, there is no oxygen for low landers out there. :)

5 hours ago, Bryan 45 said:

Good plan?  Bad plan?

It's  a bit longer from DIA as traffic is yucky! 

Not much but city to see on most of that route.

There are some great things to stop at in New Mexico...Sante Fe, Albuquerque and even Raton...we have a volcano and Sugarite and not far away, lots of other things!!

:-)

We look forward to seeing you!

• 2 weeks later...

Well, we are filled up with a number on the waitlist, but I am hoping to get some more people entered after SHOT SHOW. So feel free to send in your applications!

We want to thank ALL these amazing sponsors for signing up early!

JP Enterprises (Best Major/Title match sponsor)

2E Publishing AND 2E Leather, A Girl and A Gun, Black Rifle Coffee, Bravo Concealment Holsters, Brownells, Bruno's , Burris, Carbon Arms, Comp-Tac, Crossbreed Holsters, Decot Hywyd, Dillon Precision, Enchanted Grounds, Ergo Grips, Fast Acquisition, Firebird Precision/Hidden Valley Sporting Goods, Gun Goddess, Hearing Protection Services, Hex Mag, Hiperfire, Hodgdon, Hornady, Invictus Practical, Keltec, King of the Mountain, Nordic Components, Patriot Cases, Phoenix Weaponry, Plugr, Redding Reloading, Redwolf Airsoft, Safariland, Samson, Seekins Precision, Sierra Bullets, Southwest Gunsmith Technologies, Thunderbeast, Trey Yuen, Trijicon, Troy, Truckvault, Tru-Spec, Unique Tek, Vortex, Warne Scope Mounts and XS Sights 

• 5 months later...

39 days and a wake up 'til we're hammer down!

It is hard to wait. 

There is a rumor that we will use the bayonet again.  ;)

see y'all there.   :cheers:

ps. no Sierra shirts this year.  we'll tell you why when we get there.

On 6/30/2018 at 11:40 AM, 1chota said:

39 days and a wake up 'til we're hammer down!

It is hard to wait. 

There is a rumor that we will use the bayonet again.  ;)

see y'all there.   :cheers:

ps. no Sierra shirts this year.  we'll tell you why when we get there.

I know! We'll let you shoot together anyway! ?

On 12/27/2017 at 7:08 PM, Dan Sierpina said:

Bryan,

I usually fly into Albuquerque. As you noticed the distance almost identical between Denver and Albuquerque. Take both the cost of the flights and car rental into account. Usually Albuquerque is substantially less costly, off setting any price advantage of flying into Denver. 

The best way to see more of the country out there is take extra time for vacation. That's the plan for HeMan this year. 

I hope to see you out there. Oh, get your cardio game on, there is no oxygen for low landers out there. :)

Thanks Dan.  Booking flight to ABQ.  I've never seen that part of the country, I'm looking forward to the drive almost as much as the match.  

As far as cardio- I've been practicing holding my breath until I almost black out and then doing Sudoku.  Probably not very good training, but sure is good for a laugh.

9 hours ago, Bryan 45 said:

Thanks Dan.  Booking flight to ABQ.  I've never seen that part of the country, I'm looking forward to the drive almost as much as the match.  

As far as cardio- I've been practicing holding my breath until I almost black out and then doing Sudoku.  Probably not very good training, but sure is good for a laugh.

:bow:

On 7/9/2018 at 8:44 AM, Bryan 45 said:

That's how I feel just resetting a stage let alone shooting on?

ABQ is a good choice. Denver airport sucks.

Here it is! This is a TARGET estimate. The stages are planned and most on the ground, so these counts should be close! Paper needs one A or B or two anywhere to avoid penalty.
You NEED a rifle sling. We will not use a shotgun sling. No buckshot required or desired. Birdshot targets are for birdshot! 1f642.png?
1 –3-Gun – 2 slugs, 10 birdshot, 7 pistol steel, 5 pistol paper, 15 rifle steel
2 – shotgun/pistol – 10 angle irons and 2 clays for birdshot only, 7 falling steel and 5 star plates for Pistol or birdshot and 2 paper and 10 steel for pistol only
3 – pistol only – 28 static steel, 1 falling steel, 15 paper and 2 clays
4 – rifle - 30 steel
5 – 3-Gun - 8 pistol steel, 4 pistol paper, 12 birdshot, 12 rifle steel
6 – rifle/shotgun - 12 slugs, 6 birdshot, 18 rifle steel, 4 rifle paper
7 – pistol/rifle – 8 pistol paper, 10 pistol steel, 16 rifle steel, 2 rifle paper (this one will be more accurate tomorrow)
8 – 3-Gun – 12 pistol steel, 10 birdshot, 2 slugs, 12 rifle steel
9 – shotgun – 41 flying, swinging, running and stationary birdshot

• 2 weeks later...
21 hours ago, RiggerJJ said:

Ain't seen many skeeters, but I'm sure some will follow y'all up here...

ain't no skeeters in the desert! 

:cheers: