Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

On a project to build a PCC from scratch. Need Technical Support

Trying to achieve maximum quality, reliability and practicality, I've decided to implement some "Project Management" techniques in order to build myself a birthday present from scratch in the form of a 9mm PCC gun; with new (or slightly used) parts, for under 1500 $, and before the end of February 2018.

The timeframe should be enough to evaluate the different part options and select those expected to best meet the criteria when assembled together (quality, reliability and practicality).

Below is a breakdown of the parts to build the gun.

I would really appreciate any experience, advise, technical recommendation or even offer of parts you would like to make to support this project. The gun will be built and tested:

-Matching Upper & Lower (compatible with Glock Magazines)

-Charging Handle

-Bolt Carrier

-Trigger

-Safeties

-Small Parts Kit

-Stock

-Buffer Spring Set-up

-Buffer Tube

-Barrel

-Muzzle Break

-Hand Guard

-Scope

-Magazines (Glock for 31 rounds)

-Magazine Extension (Extension to 41 rounds)

Hopefully the community will provide some good feedback!

Thanks!!

I am building one from scratch right now. My upper and lower just shipped and this is last parts I am waiting to arrive. So here is my list of that I used.

-Matching Upper & Lower (compatible with Glock Magazines) - Quarter Circle 10 set

-Charging Handle - Raptor

-Bolt Carrier - JP 9MM Enhanced

-Trigger - Hipertouch 24C

-Safeties - BAD-ASS

-Small Parts Kit - Rainier Arms

-Stock - B5 Sopmod Enhanced for cheekweld comfort or MFT Minimalist to save weight

-Buffer Spring Set-up - JP Gen2 9MM Silent Captured Spring with 4 Tungsten Weights, AR15 White Spring and Smalley SC100-M14 Spring

-Buffer Tube - Carbine 

-Barrel - JP 9mm 16 Supermatch

-Muzzle Break - Fortis 9mm

-Hand Guard - 15in Rainier Arms Force Mod 2

-Scope - Holosun 503C with SLR Absolute Cowitness Mount

-Magazines (Glock for 31 rounds) - x4

-Magazine Extension (Extension to 41 rounds) - TF +10 Extension

2 hours ago, SeattleDude said:

I am building one from scratch right now. My upper and lower just shipped and this is last parts I am waiting to arrive. So here is my list of that I used.

-Matching Upper & Lower (compatible with Glock Magazines) - Quarter Circle 10 set

-Charging Handle - Raptor

-Bolt Carrier - JP 9MM Enhanced

-Trigger - Hipertouch 24C

-Safeties - BAD-ASS

-Small Parts Kit - Rainier Arms

-Stock - B5 Sopmod Enhanced for cheekweld comfort or MFT Minimalist to save weight

-Buffer Spring Set-up - JP Gen2 9MM Silent Captured Spring with 4 Tungsten Weights, AR15 White Spring and Smalley SC100-M14 Spring

-Buffer Tube - Carbine 

-Barrel - JP 9mm 16 Supermatch

-Muzzle Break - Fortis 9mm

-Hand Guard - 15in Rainier Arms Force Mod 2

-Scope - Holosun 503C with SLR Absolute Cowitness Mount

-Magazines (Glock for 31 rounds) - x4

-Magazine Extension (Extension to 41 rounds) - TF +10 Extension

Great advise !!

The parts that Seattle Dude listed are hard to beat. Things like hand guards, triggers if they are compatible, scopes, muzzle brakes and stocks will be in the "what fits me" category. Many companies are bringing great stuff to the market place now that they feel the PCC carbine has become a player. Many of my fellow shooters jumped on the wagon early and have gone through the "development stage" which will not be as frustrating as the early settlers had it. I wimped out and ordered a complete unit however you may find it rewarding to take the journey.

Let us know how it turns out

seattledude set the bar pretty high as in the PCC world you can't go wrong with QC and JP.  I fell in love with American Spirit Arms side charging platform a few years ago and now they make in it both Glock small frame and large frame sets.  Their lower is a QC10 copy...something to look into for you as they sell stripped receiver sets on their site now.  Only thing i would add that he left off is an Odin gun works extended magazine release.  Cmore is the go to sight for all the guys i shoot with but I prefer the Trijicon reflex 34mm, thats something you will just have to try in person an see what your eye prefers.

1 minute ago, Hawk21 said:

seattledude set the bar pretty high as in the PCC world you can't go wrong with QC and JP.  I fell in love with American Spirit Arms side charging platform a few years ago and now they make in it both Glock small frame and large frame sets.  Their lower is a QC10 copy...something to look into for you as they sell stripped receiver sets on their site now.  Only thing i would add that he left off is an Odin gun works extended magazine release.  Cmore is the go to sight for all the guys i shoot with but I prefer the Trijicon reflex 34mm, thats something you will just have to try in person an see what your eye prefers.

I'm reading about the QC10 receiver set, large frame… so far all great comments! I did get recommendation to go for a trijicon MRO scope, you are the second person that brings it up. I'll see if I can find a store in Houston to take a look through it… Thanks man!

I run the trijicon reflex not the MRO.  The reflex is larger than most would use on a PCC but it's impossible not to find the dot when you throw the gun up.  

The large frame is for .45ACP you want small frame if you intend to build a 9. 

2 minutes ago, Hawk21 said:

I run the trijicon reflex not the MRO.  The reflex is larger than most would use on a PCC but it's impossible not to find the dot when you throw the gun up.  

The large frame is for .45ACP you want small frame if you intend to build a 9. 

So far I've seen the following:

-QC10 small frame - 440$

-Angstadt small frame - 469$

-Battle Arms - 499.99$

-Gun Point - 339.99$

Which would you choose??

On ‎9‎/‎19‎/‎2017 at 12:56 AM, Franchomr said:

Trying to achieve maximum quality, reliability and practicality, I've decided to implement some "Project Management" techniques in order to build myself a birthday present from scratch in the form of a 9mm PCC gun; with new (or slightly used) parts, for under 1500 $, and before the end of February 2018.

The timeframe should be enough to evaluate the different part options and select those expected to best meet the criteria when assembled together (quality, reliability and practicality).

Below is a breakdown of the parts to build the gun.

I would really appreciate any experience, advise, technical recommendation or even offer of parts you would like to make to support this project. The gun will be built and tested:

-Matching Upper & Lower (compatible with Glock Magazines)No, Off brand QC10 lower and smooth DPMS upper

-Charging Handle BCM Medium

-Bolt Carrier Runner Runner Guns

-Trigger Timney Competition

-Safeties OEM

-Small Parts Kit OEM

-Stock MVB SMG 5 position

-Buffer Spring Set-up Part of MVB stock

-Buffer Tube Part of MVB stock

-Barrel PSA SOCOM LW profile

-Muzzle Break JP 9mm

-Hand Guard AP Custom CF

-Scope C-More Railway

-Magazines (Glock for 31 rounds)2 G18, 2 ETS

-Magazine Extension (Extension to 41 rounds)Arredondo

Hopefully the community will provide some good feedback!

Thanks!!

However some things changed, upper is now Spartan side charging upper,  hand guard is Taccom CF, and from experience the ETS mags now have Wolf G18 +5% springs.

PCC9-1A.jpg

Edited by photoracer
On 20 de septiembre de 2017 at 8:01 AM, HoMiE said:

If you're going to get qc10, they have uppers available now, they are usually out of stock, right now only blems available. 

according to my plan, purchasing doesn't start until october 17th. Im still studying the different parts when i have some spare time from work.

It looks that QC10 is the best option for a matched upper lower. I want them to be the same manufacturer.

Unless i get a very good offer for a used one that i can't pass, i will be purchasing that lower in December

On 20 de septiembre de 2017 at 7:19 AM, Aircooled6racer said:

Hello: Go with the QC10 setup. They have been building PCC lowers for a long time and have the angles correct. You can find the blems on sale and build on that. Thanks, Eric

thanks eric, I arrived to the same conclusion with the help of an expert shooter friend.

Here is what I'd do:

-Matching Upper & Lower - QC10 or Lead Star

-Charging Handle - Radian Raptor

-Bolt Carrier - Taccom

-Trigger - Hiperfire ECL

-Safeties - Radian Talon

-Small Parts Kit - CMMG I suppose

-Stock - MFT Minimalist or Luth carbine depending on preference to weight

-Buffer Spring Set-up - Blitzkrieg setup and add 6-7 quarters to the tube (you will loose LRBHO)

-Buffer Tube - any

-Barrel - taccom with either no break or mid (again preference). If you want a comp on the end go Faxon

-Muzzle Break - depending on choice above, taccom still for the comp

-Hand Guard - potentially not needed w taccom barrel (foam sleeve to save weight) The new BCM MMR is looking good too

-Scope - Holosun 510c

-Magazines (Glock for 31 rounds) - OEM Glock

-Magazine Extension (Extension to 41 rounds) - TTi and add in one of the upcoming taccom alum extensions for 50+ rds

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...
On 19 de septiembre de 2017 at 3:12 PM, SeattleDude said:

Hey Guys,

I've been doing research and reviewing stuff… this is where I am so far but have several questions, maybe you can help:

-Matching Upper & Lower (compatible with Glock Magazines) - I've been checking the QC10, Angstadt and Gunpoint --> So far chose: QC10

-Charging Handle - I've been checking Vltor BCM (Ambidextrous), QC Radian Raptor (Ambidextrous) --> So far chose: QC10 Radian Raptor

-Bolt Carrier - I've been checking out Faxon Gen2 9mm and JP 9mm Enhanced --> So far chose: JP-9mm Enhanced.

-Trigger - I've been checking out Hipertouch24C, CMC Triggers and JPFCP-1EZ. --> So far chose: Hipertouch24C.

-Safeties - I've been checkin Radian Talon ambidextrous, JP ambidextrous and Novetske STS60 Ambidextrous --> So far chose: Radian Talon 

-Small Parts Kit - Struggling with this one! AR15 receiver parts kit work on the PCC receivers ??? What about upper parts kits??

-Stock - So far nothing on this yet...

-Buffer Spring Set-up - --> Chose JP Gen2 9MM Enhanced Silent Captured Spring (5 weights) 

-Buffer Tube - I've been checking Leaper UTG 6, AR-Stoner 6 and DPMS R6 --> So far chose: DPMS R6

-Barrel - I've been checking the FAXON 16" QPQ, JPSM9-16" and Gunpoint NATO --> So far chose: Gunpoint NATO 1:10, ½-28 thrd

-Muzzle Break - I've been checking AR-Stoner 556 9mm Bore and JPTVC-9mm --> No selection yet… any ideas??? Has to be ½-28 thrd

-Hand Guard - So far nothing on this yet...

-Scope - I've been checking the Trijicon MRO, Vortex Razor and Holosun HS503CU --> So far chose: Holosun HS503CU

-Magazines (Glock for 31 rounds) - --> So far chose: 2 glock original magazines of 33 rounds.

-Magazine Extension (Extension to 41 rounds) - --> So far chose: 2 Taylor Freelance extensions to make 41 rounds on each magazine.

Can you guys comment?? specially on the underlined parts. I have little knowledge in all the parts in general, but SPECIALLY in the underlined ones.

Thanks,

Francisco

On 19 de septiembre de 2017 at 3:12 PM, SeattleDude said:

-Any lower parts kit will work.

-mission first minimalist or Rogers super Stock 

- any muzzle break should do. you’re only benefit to having one is redirecting sound and a little extra weight to keep down muzzle rise.

- handguard is personal preference (hand size, budget, looks, weight). There are hundreds of options there.

Hello: Use a quality lower parts kit, Mission First Tactical stock is light and works for most people, muzzle break is just a weight on the end so get one with side ports for sound(or make your own), and hand guard is kinda personal choice to what fits your hand. I like the Matrix ones, small diameter Nordic 22 one and the Taccom carbon fiber one. I like the feel of the smaller diameter hand guards even though I have large hands. Weight is the other concern if you want more weight up front. Another nice option to get is the Odin Works magazine release for the lower you have. I have one on my QC10 Colt and QC10 Glock lowers. Oh and get the JP 4 weight 9mm buffer, no need for the 5 weights at all if you are shooting 9mm. Thanks, Eric