Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

G19 with RMR

jarozzy

I haven't shot a match in a while, due to having kids and my local matches changed from shooting on Saturdays to shooting on Sundays.  The last match i shoot the carry optic class was not created yet.  Since then i have started carrying a G19 with a RMR daily and have the itch to go to a match and start shooting again.  Does anyone shoot a G19 in the carry optic class?  Also does the longer barrel length of larger guns  (i.e. longer sight radius) make a difference with the mini red dots?

Thanks  

If there was no CO Division, not Class, then it was not a USPSA match. Local action matches have local rules. I don't use the RMR, but rather a Docter or a Delta Pro. 
I think he is saying that the Carry Optics Division hadn't been created yet the last time he was able to make it to a match.
To answer your question, I dont believe that a longer barrell would make a significant difference shooting at the close distances we shoot at in uspsa when using a red dot. Since you dont have to deal with site radius.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Thanks Explosiveo for the answer.  Sorry i used the wrong terminology not saying "Division".  It has been several years since i shot a USPSA match, and yes it was USPSA, at that time the CO division was not a division, my last match was in 2012.  I used to shoot Limited, SS and Open.  In the CO division what is the most prominent gun used?  Why use a Docter or Delta pro vs the RMR?  On my current gun I already have an RMR on it, but i have a few other guns i want to get milled for red dot.

Edited by jarozzy

I've used the M&P Core, Glock 17 MOS and Sig p320 X five in CO. I don't feel disadvantaged using the 17 vs the 34 I shoot in production. Sight radius isn't really a thing with the dot. I'd say shoot a few matches with the 19 before you decide to mill another gun.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

3 hours ago, jarozzy said:

Thanks Explosiveo for the answer.  Sorry i used the wrong terminology not saying "Division".  It has been several years since i shot a USPSA match, and yes it was USPSA, at that time the CO division was not a division, my last match was in 2012.  I used to shoot Limited, SS and Open.  In the CO division what is the most prominent gun used?  Why use a Docter or Delta pro vs the RMR?  On my current gun I already have an RMR on it, but i have a few other guns i want to get milled for red dot.

They have bigger windows than then RMR. 

A friend, who is a member here, shot day one of a level II match with a G19/RMR, and day two - with a G10/DPP; that was a couple of years ago. There was a significant difference in performance and placement during those two days. Granted, different stages, day to day variability because of shooter's factors etc, but I don't think he ever shot a match with RMR ever since.

Shorter barrel is a non-issue for CO; however, there is a common opinion that larger grip of G17/34 allows to control the pistol better.

23 hours ago, YVK said:

A friend, who is a member here, shot day one of a level II match with a G19/RMR, and day two - with a G10/DPP; that was a couple of years ago. There was a significant difference in performance and placement during those two days. Granted, different stages, day to day variability because of shooter's factors etc, but I don't think he ever shot a match with RMR ever since.

Shorter barrel is a non-issue for CO; however, there is a common opinion that larger grip of G17/34 allows to control the pistol better.

Whats a G10/DPP?