Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Cz shadow DA safety on will fire

MP9

Hi all.

I have  a czc shadow(since 2+ years) Cleaning it today l noticed that with the hammer down I can engage the safety  on(without forcing it) and when pulling the trigger it will fire...

when cocked and locked, it won't fire. So safety works fine in SA.

cant remember exactly how it was before, i think it may let me pull the trigger but it didnt fire. 

My main cooncern is that Im not sure if that would be a DQ, Im going to idpa nats in 2 weeks so wanted to make sure before in case i have to change any part on the gun.

Any thoughts?

Edited by MP9

Most Shadows won't even allow the safety to be engaged with the hammer down. There are numerous threads here on the forums about it. Some Shadows can have the safety engaged with the hammer down, most can't.  It may hurt the gun to pull the trigger with the safety engaged.  Also, since the gun is designed to not allow the safety engaged with the hammer down, you should be good to go.

Cz and the manual say you damage the gun engaging the safety on an uncocked hammer. I got a from a safety check officer unfamiliar with CZ operation. Make a copy of the manual to have with you at a sanctioned match.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...

Safety up and pulling the trigger on DA will damage parts.  The factory setup will not let you put the safety up when the hammer is down but Cajun and CZC parts will.   There are several  post here somewhere about it.  

As long as the safety works right when the hammer is back you should be good to go.   

• 1 month later...

My CZ does the same. You can engage the safety when the hammer is down. It does work as it should when he hammer is cocked. Spoke with the Cajun people and many other CZ shooters. As long as the safety works when the hammer is cocked you're good to go. So far I've not needed to use the safety. You don't use it in production and if I'm at the range, I unload and clear if I stop shooting.