Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Area 4 Stage 1

B_RAD

Here's one that really shows my nubines! I feel like I should have went right to left on this one.....

This was the 3rd stage of the day. I was told by a shooter on my squad that he overheard one of the RO's say I came real close to breaking the 180.  I'm guessing it was when moving to the second position or moving to the singe target all the way to the right?

That swinger kicked my arse!  I've never shot one like that!  I had 3 hits on it. I believe one was a D.  I should have left after shooting the second shot. Even with a Mike on it that probably would have been better than sitting there like I did.

Also, looks like I'm watching steel fall (which I do a lot). Moving out of the first position looks awkward.

Time: 28:44

22 A

9 C

1 D

HF= 4.8523

7 minutes ago, B_RAD said:

You know who showed me that? Mink 

I just run the edge/knuckle of my middle finger down that edge of the holster.  Rest my thumbs on the tension knobs.  

Not sure if that's "hands naturally at sides"?  He said he's never been called on it. 

If It was a hands relaxed at sides start I probably would have insisted you relax the gun hand. It LOOKS like your fingers are curled around the holster. That is tension not relaxed. BUT , I wasn't there and video can be deceiving. :)

1 minute ago, Sarge said:

If It was a hands relaxed at sides start I probably would have insisted you relax the gun hand. It LOOKS like your fingers are curled around the holster. That is tension not relaxed. BUT , I wasn't there and video can be deceiving. :)

They probably are curled. Not necessarily around thw holster but basically i try to memmic a gun in the hand.  

I'll probably start tweaking that to be more relaxed. Don't want to have to switch it right before the buzzer.  

12 minutes ago, B_RAD said:

. Don't want to have to switch it right before the buzzer.  

That's always the worst part of it. I have been corrected on a few things prior to the beep. It is a toss up between wanting to argue it or just playing along. I'm not shooting to win the car up for grabs so I generally just totally relax at the start.

Why did you let the swinger pass twice while waiting for on the third shot? Firing shots one and two on a once-per-pass basis is what really helps you develop the cadence to get round #3 close to dead center.

I mean I know it's becuase you've never shot at an untrappable swinger before. I set these up at my local match every change I get. "Shoot me easy as pie when I bob out from behind the barrel" swingers are boring.

Edited by MemphisMechanic

32 minutes ago, MemphisMechanic said:

Why did you let the swinger pass twice while waiting for on the third shot? Firing shots one and two on a once-per-pass basis is what really helps you develop the cadence to get round #3 close to dead center.

I mean I know it's becuase you've never shot at an untrappable swinger before. I set these up at my local match every change I get. "Shoot me easy as pie when I bob out from behind the barrel" swingers are boring.

I didn't feel that I had two hits and didn't plan on waiting that long. Guess I got hypnotized. Ha.  I ended up with 3 hits. 

Would have been better to leave and have a miss than wait that long.