Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Shadow cut and Deltapoint Question

BostonBullit

Hey all,

getting ready to get a SP01 Shadow slide milled for an optic and have a couple questions I'm sure someone here will be able to answer:

are the original Deltapoint and newer Deltapoint Pro mount/cuts the same?  I have two original DP units but don't want to be hunting for another if one dies if a new unit won't fit in the cut

and is CZ Custom still doing multi optic cuts?  I can only find RDS cuts on their site and those make it seem like they need adaptor plates for everything...low is the way to go IMO.  I'm not a fan of the way that cut looks but for options it looks like it can't be beat 

thanks,

Peter

CZC did a multi-cut for me and some others a few months ago, and it was a service you could order right from the web site.

I have the newer DPP, so can't speak to whether the cuts/tapped holes are right for the old version.

Regards

LMS

Talked to someone at CZC who answered my questions and directed me to the Work Order PDF on the website.  Only bummer is he doesn't know when they'll be doing the next run so can't give a good time estimate.  I'll send my slide in Monday probably and do the multi-optic cut.  Yes it's fugly but it's insurance in case I decide to switch optics or sell the slide and the new owner doesn't do DP

2 hours ago, BostonBullit said:

Talked to someone at CZC who answered my questions and directed me to the Work Order PDF on the website.  Only bummer is he doesn't know when they'll be doing the next run so can't give a good time estimate.  I'll send my slide in Monday probably and do the multi-optic cut.  Yes it's fugly but it's insurance in case I decide to switch optics or sell the slide and the new owner doesn't do DP

Yea - the web site lists a long lead time.   But, my bud and I placed orders at the same time, his was 4 weeks and mine was 5 or 6.   He bought a slide and had them mill it, I sent a slide in.   YMMV.    It'll be back before you know it.

26 minutes ago, Hi_Im_Vinh said:

Check out Cajun Gun Works for slide milling as well, last I spoke their turnaround time was 2-3 weeks 

Will do, thanks

The reason for the variability at CZC is they wait until they have a stack of them to mill before setting up one of the CNCs for it...send it in just after they do a bunch and you might be waiting a while.  if it gets there just before they set everything up then you luck out.

I ended up sending the slide to CZC for the multi-optic cut.  The ability to change my mind on the optic brand without another visit to the machinist was enough to overcome the look of the cut. 

Working out the mag setup now so I can be ready to hit the ground running when indoor USPSA season starts up!