Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!
LeviSS

Will a roller handle ease my elbow pain?

On ‎9‎/‎13‎/‎2017 at 7:48 PM, 21 shooter said:

Arthritis prompted me to get one

Those of us "Super Senior" guys really appreciate the roller handle. Wouldn't load without one. Good luck.

On 9/14/2017 at 10:12 AM, LeviSS said:

I do use lube, but haven't upgraded the handle.

I will add that previously I had used One Shot lube, then tried Dillon lube.  The Dillon product to me was far better than the One Shot.  

I use a homemade version of the Dillon case lube (lanolin oil mixed with Iso heet). Definitely improvement over One Shot.

The best thing I ever did for my elbows, however, was switching to a 1050 with an autodrive. I never realized how great life could be until the first time I pushed the start button

On ‎9‎/‎14‎/‎2017 at 9:59 PM, IHAVEGAS said:

Never had any pain until I replaced my ball handle with a roller handle (550 & Dillon roller). My shoulder joint didn't like the roller forcing the hand/arm to remain in a fixed orientation, went back to the ball & no more issues. 

As the two are a different length you do need to adjust the hight of the press to compensate or you will find things not right. Going from the ball handle to the roller handle had me raising the press 2" to compensate for the diference in length and ergonomics. The ball works well for 1-200 rounds but after tha no matter how loose I held the handle, my palm and or fingers would start hurting.