Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Recoil spring for a Glock 19 w/ 4.5lb striker spring

Lockean

I was hoping to get a recoil spring weight recommendation for my setup. I've found a couple threads that touch on glock 19's, but would like some additional input.

Key info:

• Gen 3 Glock 19
  • Jager captive steel guide rod
  • 4.5 lb striker spring
  • IDP lightweight striker
  • Must be able to reliably cycle factory ammo, this gun will be carried (after putting several thousand rounds through it)

I know that there can be lockup issues using a stock striker spring with a light recoil spring, but can't see how a lightweight striker spring and stock 18lb recoil spring would cause problems. Worst case I'll order a 15lb to play with, but thought I'd check with you guys first. 

I went down to 13lbs and had no problems. I've heard of people going to 11lbs, but that felt light to me (gen 3 19).

You really need to try a couple weights to see what feels right to you. I would use the guiderod uncaptured while experimenting to make the swapping easier.

3 hours ago, IsaacB said:

I went down to 13lbs and had no problems. I've heard of people going to 11lbs, but that felt light to me (gen 3 19).

You really need to try a couple weights to see what feels right to you. I would use the guiderod uncaptured while experimenting to make the swapping easier.

Thanks. I'll probably end up experimenting with a 15lb.