Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Can't Zero DDP

hitman_usmc

I bought a Delta Point Pro and the plate that allows it to be mounted to a core.  It all fits together perfectly.  When I tried to zero it, I can't get the POI low enough.  The elevation screw is bottomed out and the impacts are still about 3"-4" above the tip of the triangle.  I have tried factory ammo and minor reloads with the same result.  Has anyone else had this issue? 

Thats good, both the sight and plate are Leopold. I would try removing the plate and Delta point and look for any grit or finish build up or burr that might keep it from sitting perfectly flat and try it again. Even excess lock tight (if you used it) could add just a little interference. If theres nothing obvious I would call Leopold.

If you take the scope off (leave the plate on the gun) and place it upside down on a table (you may need to hang the front sight off the edge) you should be able to eye-ball it; The gap between table and the front of the slide should be narrower than the gap just ahead of the plate.

On 9/16/2017 at 10:05 PM, Vizorn said:

Can someone post a picture of this set-up?  I'd like to see how high the DPP sits on the slide with the leupold plate. Thanks!

i have already taken my DPP off, but it sat very high.  IMO crazy high, like the bottom of the DPP was flush to the stop of the slide.  When I first installed it, I thought "really? , I probably should have just bought a dovetail mount."

We've seen quite a few DP Pro's that ran out of elevation adjustment before getting zero. On several pistol platforms. Having Leupold swap the optic seems to be the fix for every one I'm aware of.

I don't know why/how, but it seems like some have more adjustment than others or something. 

1 hour ago, PrimaryBruce said:

We've seen quite a few DP Pro's that ran out of elevation adjustment before getting zero. On several pistol platforms. Having Leupold swap the optic seems to be the fix for every one I'm aware of.

I don't know why/how, but it seems like some have more adjustment than others or something. 

now that you mention it, my DPP mount has a slope to it to help with MOA.  I wonder if previous mounts don't have the MOA correction?

11 hours ago, Butterpuc said:

i have already taken my DPP off, but it sat very high.  IMO crazy high, like the bottom of the DPP was flush to the stop of the slide.  When I first installed it, I thought "really? , I probably should have just bought a dovetail mount."

Yeah, this is what I thought since the DPP doesn't fit in the CORE slide cut.  I'll consider other options for my CORE, and save the DPP I have for another gun.  Thanks for posting this!

• 4 weeks later...

Update:  I sent the sight back to Leupold a few weeks ago.  I got it back last night and shot it on the same gun today.  No issues with zeroing.  The return form said they replaced the glass and checked internals.  Glad I wasn't crazy and that Leupold made it right.  

15 hours ago, hitman_usmc said:

Update:  I sent the sight back to Leupold a few weeks ago.  I got it back last night and shot it on the same gun today.  No issues with zeroing.  The return form said they replaced the glass and checked internals.  Glad I wasn't crazy and that Leupold made it right.  

even leupold has problems with mondays  ;)

nobody  is perfect.:lol: