Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Atlas Gun Works Titan

rowdyb

just do it. dont think about it. dont look back. just DO ITTTTTTT.

on the other note about recoil springs. i too want to go lighter than factory.  my second shot is consistently lower. maybe i just need to hit arms more and grip it like adam lol

• 4 months later...
  • Replies 260
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am super impressed with my Atlas Titan. Though I just took delivery (yeah, like a car) today and haven’t been to the range yet, it is still pretty amazeballs. 

Im looking forward to reporting back after I go thru the paces. 

On 11/16/2017 at 7:32 AM, TANFARM said:

While we’re on the Titan subject....any owners experimented with different recoil spring weights with 9 mm reloads??

Adam suggested I go 11 lb. .....but wondering about any other experiences....lighter perhaps....Thanks !

I know, way late to the party here. I've had a Titan in 9mm for about 8 months now. I played around with springs alot in the beginning but eventually settled on a 7lb spring for my grip and ammo. I've yet to have a malfunction short of ammo not going off (backwards primers and what not). I really don't clean the gun like I should. I use a hodgepodge of MBX, old STI, and new STI mags none of which are tuned. I shoot 147gr Xtreme's through it pretty exclusively that I load right at 128 PF. I don't know what it is but this thing is simply magical. As others have said, I've also got my eyes on another now. I think a Nemesis could be fun...

Edited by ecn515

On 3/30/2018 at 11:03 PM, ecn515 said:

I know, way late to the party here. I've had a Titan in 9mm for about 8 months now. I played around with springs alot in the beginning but eventually settled on a 7lb spring for my grip and ammo. I've yet to have a malfunction short of ammo not going off (backwards primers and what not). I really don't clean the gun like I should. I use a hodgepodge of MBX, old STI, and new STI mags none of which are tuned. I shoot 147gr Xtreme's through it pretty exclusively that I load right at 128 PF. I don't know what it is but this thing is simply magical. As others have said, I've also got my eyes on another now. I think a Nemesis could be fun...

Nemesis will definitely be my next big purchase. 

• 2 months later...

I've put about 5K through the frame since February on my 9mm Major Chaos topend.  I figured since I have a couple months until my next major, it is a good time to finally test out the .40 topend.  Since I was taking the optic off for a deep clean anyways, it wasn't a big deal to make the switch.  I wish I could do it by just grabbing a different gun from the safe, but then I remember that this route was a couple grand cheaper!

IMG_3986_2.jpg

14 hours ago, Wisemenofgotham said:

Gorgeous firearm!  How do you feel about the Nemesis versus the Titan?

I'm a fan of the island barrel 2011's, currently running 2 them so I thought I would stick with what's been working for me now. 

2 hours ago, Adamj said:

I bought my titan less than a month before the nemesis came out. I think now I'll needto get it and compare. It seems only logical. 

Yeah, can’t think of any other options.

Moloch38, thanks man.. Yeah it's an incredible peace, had a chance to shoot it a bit over the weekend. A little on the heavy side, pro and cons to that depends on your intended use otherwise just an unbelievable flat shooting pistol.. 

Finally shot my Titan (which is just a .40 Titan topend for a Chaos) today. 300 flawless rounds and some solid match performance.  Hadn't shot limited since February so the fiber was a little weird for me, but the gun is great, incredibly accurate and tracks beautifully.  A friend compared it to his DVC and said it was night and day difference in how easy it was to return the sights back on target.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

Recent convert from STI to ATLAS and couldn't be happier about it. Adam, Cat and the crew have been awesome and after shooting my first match with the TITAN, I ordered a Hyperion; which is now my third ATLAS.

MB

TITAN.jpg

Edited by RAVAGE88

I have been told that this guns are nice but shoot loosy loosy after not so many rounds.

looking for a honest response from someone that owns a .40 model and shoots major with more than 10 k down the pipe

21 hours ago, RAVAGE88 said:

Recent convert from STI to ATLAS and couldn't be happier about it. Adam, Cat and the crew have been awesome and after shooting my first match with the TITAN, I ordered a Hyperion; which is now my third ATLAS.

MB

Be sure to post a review of that Hyperion when you get it finished. Really curious to see their new models.

1 hour ago, Avenida said:

I have been told that this guns are nice but shoot loosy loosy after not so many rounds.

looking for a honest response from someone that owns a .40 model and shoots major with more than 10 k down the pipe

ours only have about 8k on them, but they are as tight and accurate as when new. they'll have 10k rounds in a month or so.