Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Atlas Gun Works Titan

rowdyb

• Replies 260
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@rowdyb Can you tell me a little more about the magazines that your Atlas shipped with?

As I understand it, the Titan ships with only one magazine.  I think it's an MBX tube with a Grams spring/follower.  Is that the 11 or 13 coil spring?  What basepad did it ship with?

Great thread....I’ve put about 25k through my 9mm Titan....beyond satisfied. Back before the dust up I ordered mine with 4 tuned MBX mags...perfect. I also ordered 4 of the “new” STI 140’s. Sent first batch back, sold the second set. Nothing against STI but the mags didn’t work..even the Upula loader doesn’t work........have since ordered 8 more stock MBX.......

flawless.......knock on wood!!!!!

14 hours ago, rowdyb said:

Mine shipped with a SV tube, Grams spring and follower, Taran tactical basepad.

Was it the 3 or 4mm basepads?  I'm assuming it's still an 11-coil spring when using a thin basepad.
I'm asking because I'm a stickler for consistency.  If ordered a Titan of my own, I would want all of my magazines built identically.  I wouldn't want different tubes, different baseplates, etc.  

3mm are made for the SVI tubes, 4mm for STI.  Adam talks specifically how the 3mm should be paired with SVI tubes, so it's safe to assume it's a 3mm. Either way, that's what you want so that you can fit the gauge. 

By the times I get my Titan I'll be shooting old-STI tubes with TTI guts, MBX mags, and whatever comes with the gun.  If it works, it works.  Going forward I'll be getting MBX exclusively and doing my own tuning if necessary. 

3 hours ago, BangSwitch said:

Was it the 3 or 4mm basepads?  I'm assuming it's still an 11-coil spring when using a thin basepad.
I'm asking because I'm a stickler for consistency.  If ordered a Titan of my own, I would want all of my magazines built identically.  I wouldn't want different tubes, different baseplates, etc.  

the 3. they're not in the mag making business so an email to him about what yours is coming with will let you build the exact same mags of your own.

I now own two titans, one in 40 and one in 9 mm. I run MBX mags in both with grams followers and springs. I have a few thousand rounds through both guns and am very happy with the setup. I also run a double AA X rig and it is absolutely top notch. The Atlas is a great combination of parts and craftsmanship and I have been very happy with the purchase. Glad to see you're happy with yours also.

I know mine has been hands down the best purchase I have made in my shooting career. the customer service was absolutely amazing. id work with adam any day

Atlas

Edited by tcazes

Just another thumbs up for Atlas and this thread, got their 2011 last Fall and just ordered the single stack. 

One per year haha

I'm not that experienced and haven't seen many other expensive custom guns but in comparison to a $2700 STI you see the Titan has more than $1000-plus better parts and fitting. My gut tells me they're conservative and sturdy, I won't have to worry about the gun (just the stupid magazines). 

Also Adam does these great videos where he shares practical knowledge with everybody, not just those who buy his guns. He's a class act. 

If you're really into it build your own using the same good parts he does... but for mere mortals the Titans are bargains. 

Edited by Frankly

8 hours ago, Frankly said:

Just another thumbs up for Atlas and this thread, got their 2011 last Fall and just ordered the single stack. 

One per year haha

I'm also working on one per year. A chaos is next lol

• 2 weeks later...

While we’re on the Titan subject....any owners experimented with different recoil spring weights with 9 mm reloads??

Adam suggested I go 11 lb. .....but wondering about any other experiences....lighter perhaps....Thanks !

I'm running 11# in my 40 major gun.... and am about to try a 10#.
I ran a 10 in my 40 major gun. Went back to an 11. The slide was coming back to hard so the 11 and 12 were better for me to even it out a bit

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

I'm still in the research phase for a new 2011 Limited pistol. After reading a lot of posts about Atlas Gun Works' pistols I'm starting to think that they have a secret underground forge with dwarven smiths turning these pistols out. Do you get a ring with strange inscriptions with the guns? I'm starting to get a bit cautious about Atlas, but perhaps because they are one of the newer "custom" shops there are just more recent replies about their guns. I have a stock STI Edge in .40 that is really a good, accurate gun. But I am considering keeping it as a practice and back-up gun. I don't want to buy a steel grip or otherwise enhance the Edge if getting a custom gun makes more sense. The jump from $1600 to $3600 or more really makes me ask a lot of questions. I'm just trying to separate the hype from reality.

All I can share is my experience, but it's been awesome. I bought a full custom single stack 11/2016 that has been nothing short of amazing after 5000 rounds. Liked it so much I just bought one of his special edition titans with the butler cut. It too is amazing. Both guns have the best triggers I've ever felt, and I've shot guns by the other big name smiths. It's not just the pull weight but the break that is amazing. Had it on the safe table next to a gun that costs about 1000 more. Both had trigger pull weights about the same just under 2 pounds, but the break on the atlas was better. As good as the guns are the customer service is even better. I sent Adam a Facebook message the night before a state match at 930 on a Friday night. I wanted to ask him about changing up my recoil spring weight. He could ha e ignored the message but he didnt. He wrote back two words: call me. If the fact that he spoke to me on the phone at 930 on a Friday night 7months after he had my money doesn't speak volumes, I don't know what will.

As soon as the gun funds replenish a chaos is coming my way

All I can share is my experience, but it's been awesome. I bought a full custom single stack 11/2016 that has been nothing short of amazing after 5000 rounds. Liked it so much I just bought one of his special edition titans with the butler cut. It too is amazing. Both guns have the best triggers I've ever felt, and I've shot guns by the other big name smiths. It's not just the pull weight but the break that is amazing. Had it on the safe table next to a gun