Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Atlas Gun Works Titan

rowdyb

35 minutes ago, Foxj66 said:

The biggest problem I see with the thumb rest is with the B and C class guys that shove them on and then end up pushing the muzzle around. I just don't see much if any advantage to them and a lot of disadvantages 

Someone should tell all those open GMs that.

• Replies 260
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

First...I'm glad you chose the Titan .....my 9 mm has 10-12 K down the pipe.....and it's been absolutely flawless.....damn good pistol from a darn nice guy running a great business.

Secondly......mags.....one word MBX!!!.....I was running 15 STI 140's through my old Edges and have sold almost all of them. Even 4 " new style" mags. Nothing against  another fine company like STI...but these mags were just not reliable though the TItan...and I tried every combination possible. My 12 MBX mags have performed perfectly with no modifications.

Just my experiences....mags are the weak link in our system for sure.

savng up for a Chaos......yikes !!

Just now, Maximis228 said:

Recoil mitigation is recoil mitigation. Regardless of caliber.

Then how much control will you gain with a big paddle on the side of your gun without pushing the muzzle around? I thought the whole idea was a constant spot to rest your thumb. I guess it's to each their own but I didn't need one to get to master and don't see any reason I would add one. 

It is performing perfectly. It fed the first 100 rounds I made for it flawlessly out of an mbx and a tti mag. 4.6gr of titegroup yileded 173 pf with a 180gr bullet.

It has a regular guide rod, so I had to bend a paperclip. It weighs 52.6 ounces. So 5 ounces more than my Shadow 2 did with an empty mag in it. That's not that big of a leap if you ask me.

The three things that really stand out when I let people fondle it are 1. They rack the slide and universally say "ooohhh, like it's on bearings!". 2. They dry fire the trigger and say "what is this like 1.5 pounds?" It is 1.75 but yeah. 3. They love the grip's texture. 4 and finally they ask about it's weight.

I like the DLC coating. I think I want the medium curved trigger instead of the short. My other guns all had a single sided safety so getting used to the ambi.

I was super happy that I shot it in groups and basic shooting instantly as well as I do my Shadow 2 gun. Almost exact times for drills and just how I felt handling the gun. But all this was minus draws and reloads as my holster is not done yet.

9 hours ago, Foxj66 said:

The biggest problem I see with the thumb rest is with the B and C class guys that shove them on and then end up pushing the muzzle around. I just don't see much if any advantage to them and a lot of disadvantages 

Extremely consistent support-hand positioning, that's the advantage.  No disadvantages for me... other than the fact that a race holster is the only option, but since I already have one, that doesn't matter!

Yes, I am interested in these Atlas guns too. Sorry for hijacking.  VIDEOOOOO!

Edited by bluedevil008

That's a few more ounces than my edge.  I imagine it helps in felt recoil.  Would the dawson tooless guide rod make a weight difference or make it easier to take down?  I have thought about buying one for my son.  He will surpass me in a couple of years and therefore I feel he will deserve a nicer firearm. Thank you for all the information you are sharing.  A discount well earned! 

11 hours ago, rowdyb said:

It is performing perfectly. It fed the first 100 rounds I made for it flawlessly out of an mbx and a tti mag. 4.6gr of titegroup yileded 173 pf with a 180gr bullet.

It has a regular guide rod, so I had to bend a paperclip. It weighs 52.6 ounces. So 5 ounces more than my Shadow 2 did with an empty mag in it. That's not that big of a leap if you ask me.

Mine came with a Dawson toolless guide rod.

I have about 5500 rounds through mine and it has run perfectly as well.

I am using 5.5 gr CFE Pistol with 180 gr Ibejiheads coated bullet @1.18 OAL and a S&B SPP.

10 hours ago, StuckinMS said:

That's a few more ounces than my edge.  I imagine it helps in felt recoil.  Would the dawson tooless guide rod make a weight difference or make it easier to take down?  I have thought about buying one for my son.  He will surpass me in a couple of years and therefore I feel he will deserve a nicer firearm. Thank you for all the information you are sharing.  A discount well earned! 

Weight difference is negligible IMO, but I think that the ease of takedown is worth the price personally. Need to make sure to order the one for bull barrels so you get the correct plug.

On 9/13/2017 at 11:41 AM, rowdyb said:

I am totally a variable reducer. Sadly as I'm new to the platform I'm trying the different variables to see what I like. So I've been buying two of certain magazines and trying them to see what I then want to convert to as the one and only. Figuring I'd sell what I don't like or keep some as dry fire only mags. So far I'm in two "tuned" SV mags from Taran (which we know from another post how they've been), two MBX mags (followed their conditioning loading advice and they've worked fine) and two stock  new style STI with new Grams s/f to go in them that are yet to be delivered.

At the moment I'd prefer to buy more MBX as my first choice.

Away from just mags and back to my gun, every one of these mags though has seated and dropped perfectly in the gun and Evo grip! That's nice!

R-  Did the MBX magazines work right from the factory or did you have to do any tuning?  I have been eyeing an Atlas Titan and other 2011s but the idea of having to buy mags and then "tune" them in order to get them to work doesn't sound appealing.  

Thanks. 

The mbx mag I took out of the package and put it on the gauge. It passed. Then I took it apart to look at everything and just inspect it and put it back together. Then I measured the feed lips but did not adjust them. Then I fully loaded and unloaded it 6 times. Then I left it fully loaded for about 4 hours. Then I hand cycled 20 rounds through the gun with it.

Then I just used it and shot with it. (Actually 'them' as I have two of them)

Thanks Rowdy, for the very informative thread. Between your shooting skills and your writing and critical thinking skills, I'm finding alot of value here. I just switched to limited (bone-stock edge because I'm cheap and that's what mrs moto has and I'll get in big trouble if I have fancier gun than she does), but if I stick with limited for the long run, I can see upgrading in a few years. Also, reassuring to hear good stuff about Adam/Atlas. There are some malcontents out there, but after years of reading your posts, you have way more credibility.

3 hours ago, Ck867 said:

What do you think you would of have selected differently if you chose to wait 2 months for a custom order over the buy now option? 

the medium length trigger. color options. single sided safety. blending of magwell and grip. maybe ask for a little more undercutting of the grip. those are all things i would have asked about.

1 hour ago, motosapiens said:

Thanks Rowdy, for the very informative thread. Between your shooting skills and your writing and critical thinking skills, I'm finding alot of value here. I just switched to limited (bone-stock edge because I'm cheap and that's what mrs moto has and I'll get in big trouble if I have fancier gun than she does), but if I stick with limited for the long run, I can see upgrading in a few years. Also, reassuring to hear good stuff about Adam/Atlas. There are some malcontents out there, but after years of reading your posts, you have way more credibility.

off topic, but I had a so-so day personally out "in real life" and then to read this from you today. well it made my day and was one of the nicest things i've heard about me as a person in a long time. thank you.