Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Delta Point Pro Dot Brightness

abb1

12 hours ago, abb1 said:

I have had my DPP 2.5 for about 2 months now and I love it. The brightness is REALLY intense and it exceeded my expectations! Turning up the brightness makes the 2.5 look like a 6 just a little over half way adjustment. There is a downside though, the battery doesn't last nearly as long as others. The intensity of the brightness obviously takes a toll on battery life. I am on my third battery so far. Not a big deal as they are readily available and cheap, you just have to make sure to replace it before every match and always make sure that you have a couple in your range bag.

Good info, thanks!

12 hours ago, abb1 said:

I have had my DPP 2.5 for about 2 months now and I love it. The brightness is REALLY intense and it exceeded my expectations! Turning up the brightness makes the 2.5 look like a 6 just a little over half way adjustment. There is a downside though, the battery doesn't last nearly as long as others. The intensity of the brightness obviously takes a toll on battery life. I am on my third battery so far. Not a big deal as they are readily available and cheap, you just have to make sure to replace it before every match and always make sure that you have a couple in your range bag.

If that is happening, you need to send it back.  I can get a full year of matches out of one battery running full bright.  I leave it on all day too.  

On 11/23/2017 at 7:10 PM, Shadyscott999 said:

If that is happening, you need to send it back.  I can get a full year of matches out of one battery running full bright.  I leave it on all day too.  

I will contact Leopold, however, I am not the only poster that has recognized the battery drain. I think it too has to do with usage. If you only shoot it at matches, then yeah, mine will last a year as well. I also buy Energizer batteries. Overall, I am not concerned, as spending $4 a month will not break me, and what I get from this sight, it is a small price to pay. I will contact Leopold though to see if this is normal with the amount usage. Thanks

Edited by abb1

On 11/22/2017 at 8:14 PM, Flat4boxer said:

Just ordered the DPP 2.5 and had the same question about the size/brightness vs 7.5 and the Vortex Viper 6 MOA I currently have.

I can say I’ve used both versions of the dpp and I absolutely love them both. for competition use I prefer them both over the rmr dual illuminated and adjustable led and also the ff3. Both versions have their pros and cons and I’ve ran them for about the same amount of competitions each. I can’t say I prefer one over the other since they are on different open pistols right now. The 2.5 Moa is definitely the brightest  I’ve seen. No amount of sun I’ve seen has washed the dot out. It’s pretty awesome. It appears to bloom in lower light conditions at stronger brightness settings but in full sun it becomes a very well defined dot. It’s always been a crisp dot and it really doesn’t feel like a 2.5 moa dot. Awesome accuracy. As for the triangle I like the speed of acquisition with that one. It’s definitely not as bright as the 2.5 moa but pretty bright. The 7.5 triangle however looks like a 12moa dot though. It’s huge and under fast movement it really looks like a big dot as you are moving. However if you slow it down just a bit for distance shots you can clearly make out the upper point of the triangle for precision. For this one as well I’ve never seen wash out in sunlight. Maybe because it just looks so big though. Both dots are great options. So far I prefer the 2.5 for all steel and the 7.5 for close targets. About equal for shots past 25 yards. 

• 2 weeks later...

If you shoot an indoor match, you probably will want to turn it down. If there is a target a dark area, the dot will make it hard to see the dark target. Just turn it down a could of pushes and you will be fine.